Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX are all about training the strongest monsters to win tournament and increase your rank, so you will need to know what you are doing when training them and getting them ready to participate in the most challenging tournament available to you at any given time.
To understand how good any monster you are training is, you will have to look at its stats. Here’s how they influence any monster’s performance.
All Stats in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX Explained
Monsters in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX comes with 8 different stats – Defense, Intelligence, Life, Power, Skill, Speed, Fame and Loyalty – but only the first six can be improved by training. The ones are that can be improved by training are the ones that do influence the monster’s combat performance the most.
- Defense (DEF) determines how much damage a monster takes when attacked.
- Intelligence (INT) determines not only how much damage a magic attack does to the enemy, but also how many chances you have of finding rare items during expeditions. High Intelligence also prevents the monster from getting lost during expeditions.
- Life (LIF) is your monster’s health. Once it gets to 0 in combat, the monster will be knocked out.
- Power (POW) determines how much damage the monster does with regular attacks.
- Skill (SKI) determines your hit rate, and the higher it is, the more likely a monster will overcome obstacles during expeditions.
- Speed (SPD) determines how often your monster can avoid any attack coming its way.
- Fame is the monster’s currently level of fame, which is increased by placing well in torunaments. Certain levels of Fame will allow you to unlock additional content, such as additional monster breeds or expeditions.
- Loyalty indicates how loyal the monster is to you. Higher loyalty will make the monster listen to you more during combat, giving you better control over it. To raise Loyalty, you need to praise the monster as often as you can, and give it good food.