Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
The Soulsborne games are known for their difficulty level, and Elden Ring is no exception. To ease this journey, the game provides a plethora of weapons to work with, including a variety of different playstyles. Today, we will be talking about items that can strengthen some of these weapons, the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones.
Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones
Smithing Stones in Elden Ring are required to upgrade weapons to higher levels. If players wish to compete with the end-game bosses and enemies, they will undoubtedly need to upgrade their weapons to as far as they can go.
Normally, Smithing Stones allow for upgrading up to +8. To go even further beyond that, Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones will be required. These stones are quite rare and players would be wise to use them only on the best possible weapons that they decide to keep all through the game.
RELATED: Best Ashes of War in Elden Ring
There are a total of 12 Ancient Dragon Smithing Stones in the game and these are their locations:
Kenneth Haight Questline Rewards – 2 Stones
- Quest reward from Nepheli Loux.
- Purchasable from Gatekeeper Gostoc.
Mountaintops of the Giants – 4 Stones
- Inside the mouth of a skull near the Church of Repose.
- Carriage in the Consecrated Snowfield.
- On a corpse in the Yelough Anix Tunnel.
- In a chest guarded by an Onyx Lord after defeating Astel, Stars of Darkness.
Miquella’s Haligtree – 3 Stones
- On a corpse found below a hugging statue in the Haligtree.
- In a chest before the Prayer Room Site of Grace.
- In a chest that can be accessed after defeating Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree.
Crumbling Farum Azula – 2 Stones
- On a corpse guarded by a Beastman of Farum Azula.
- On a corpse guarded by a Beastman of Farum Azula, on a floating pillar.
Caelid – 1 Stone
- Rewarded by Gurranq, the Beast Clergyman in the Bestial Sanctum after feeding him 9 Deathroots.
Is this everything you wanted to know? Let us know!