The wonderful world of The Wizard of Oz comes to your iOS devices! Wizard of Oz: Magic Match takes the match-3 puzzle game formula you all know and love and brings it somewhere over the rainbow! Fans of the film and novel will find plenty to love here, as you’ll run into a cast of familiar characters. We’ll help you discover the world and score high with our Wizard of Oz: Magic Match cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Go for Glinda!
On levels where you Glinda is present, make sure you take full advantage! During a level where she’s around, there are magic stars on the board. Matching these stars will increase the magic meter at the top right corner of the screen, right below Glinda herself. If you can fill it up all the way, Glinda will come to the rescue should you run out of moves and you haven’t reached your objective yet. She’ll spread her magic across the board, turning random items into super pieces, and she’ll also give you back a couple of moves. On especially challenging levels, this could mean the difference between victory and defeat!
2. Utilize the butterflies!
Matching four items in a square creates a magic butterfly of that color. When matched, a butterfly will immediately land on a super item somewhere on the board. On certain levels where there are fragments of the board scattered around in hard to reach places, these butterflies are life-savers if you need to activate a super item. For example, on the levels where you need to break all of the ice blocks, activating a blocked off super item using a butterfly can turn the tides!
3. Know your super items!
Like any other good match-3 puzzle game, the key to beating the levels is taking advantage of the super items.
- Magic beams are created when you match four items in a row. When matched, these items will immediately match the row or column its in, depending on how it was formed.
- Magic butterflies, as mentioned above, are created when matching four items in a square shapes. Activated butterflies will fly to nearby super items on the board and automatically set them off. They’ll also destroy objective-related objects.
- Magic bubbles are created when you match five items in a “L” or “T” shape. Magic bubbles work like bombs. When they’re moved around, they’ll match all surrounding items!
- Glinda’s Crystal Ball is created when you match five items in a row. These are the ultimate super item! Matching this with any other item will match every single item of that same type on the board at once.
- Matching six items in a super “T” shape will create the ultimate lollipop. The lollipop will repaint all regular items being swapped with it!
- And of course, you can also combine supers with each other to create some devastating effects.
4. Always go for your objective!
Think out your moves and plan ahead! Early on you can be liberal with your moves, but later on you’ll need to make every single one count. As usual, there’s no time limit so think over each move carefully before you commit to it. Before anything, you should always consider if your move is going to bring you one step closer to your objective goal. You should always prioritize your objective before anything!
That’s all for Wizard of Oz: Magic Match. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!