It isn’t very easy to come by a Fire-type in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, unless you picked Chimchar as your starter Pokemon. Fire types are few and far between in BDSP, and good ones are even harder to find.
But do you know what’s even rarer? A Fire type with an amazing ability! And that is exactly what Magcargo possesses. Magcargo is a Fire / Rock type Pokemon with the ability Flame Body. Pokemon with this ability are highly-sought after, as having a Flame Body Pokemon in your party cuts the steps needed to hatch an egg in half!
If you want to learn where to find Magcargo in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl for yourself, then just read on ahead!
How to Get Magcargo in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
We have only good news for you. Firstly, you don’t necessarily need to capture Slugma—Magcargo’s pre-evolution—and level it up till it evolves into a Magcargo. The areas where Slugma spawn are also where Magcargo spawn!
Additionally, Magcargo can be found pretty early on in the game, right in Sandsear Cave in the Grand Underground. Below, we will detail how to find Magcargo at the earliest possible point in the game:
- Head to either Eterna City, Veilstone City, or Hearthome City.
- Head to the Grand Underground using the Explorer Kit.
- Make your way towards Sandsear Cave Hideaway.
- Enter the Hideaway.
- If you don’t spot a Magcargo, leave the Hideaway.
- Re-enter the Hideaway to reset the spawns.
- Keep exiting and re-entering until you come across a Magcargo.
- Walk in its line-of-sight to engage in battle with it.
- Weaken it and capture the Magcargo.
Additionally, Magcargo can also be found later in the game in the Volcanic Cave and Typhlo Cavern Hideaways, and further, in Stark Mountain.