Monster Hunter Rise may have been released a while back, but the game is far from being dead, as Capcom is constantly releasing updates and new content for its popular Nintendo Switch exclusive.
Now, the Japanese developer released the new 3.6.1 update, which introduces some changes to the game. What exactly are these changes? Let’s find out.
What’s New in Monster Hunter Rise 3.6.1 Update?
The Monster Hunter Rise 3.6.1 update is a little light on new features, which isn’t surprising, considering the development team is hard at work on the Sunbreak expansion that will release next year.
The new update introduces support for new Event Quests that will be available every week, support for new DLC that can be purchased from the Nintendo eShop, and a Gyro Correction function to the Gyroscope options that allows players to decide how frequently the position of the gyroscope is recalibrated. This should make gyroscope controls feel much better, compared to the previous versions of the game.
The 3.6.1 update also packs a high number of bug fixes, ranging from visual to gameplay bugs. Most of these bugs happen rarely, but so not too many players experience them, but it’s still nice to have them fixed.
Catch the full list of fixed bugs below.
- Fixed a bug preventing monsters from retreating if you join a Rampage Quest with specific timing, resulting in the quest becoming incompletable.
- Fixed a bug causing display issues for the Bishaten armor series when equipped on Body Type 01.
- Fixed a bug preventing the target camera reticle from changing when a monster changes its posture due to a special status.
- Fixed a bug that makes it look as if Great Wirebugs are not moving if you use one while gathering an item right after sliding.
- Fixed a bug preventing some saved colors from being properly reflected in the preview when using the character creator.
- Fixed a bug causing the forelock of the Izuchi Tail hairstyle to clip through the Kulu-Ya-Ku Helm.
- Fixed a bug preventing the effects of Critical Draw/Punishing Draw from being activated during specific moves with certain melee weapons.
- Fixed a bug in the reset timing for the great sword’s Rage Slash that was introduced after a bug fix in Ver.3.4.1.
- Fixed the controls explanation for the hammer’s Dash Breaker, because it was the same as the one for the Silkbind Spinning Bludgeon.
- Fixed a bug occasionally causing the game to freeze if the bowgun’s Sticky Ammo explodes right when the screen changes, such as during the quest results.
- Fixed a bug occasionally preventing the photosensitivity warning from being displayed in the selected language.
- Fixed a bug causing the options to be reset to default if you cancel after performing specific actions on the Options screen.
- Fixed a bug preventing the “!” icon from disappearing for the message at the very bottom of the chat window, if you look at the log while you have an unread chat message.
- Fixed a bug preventing the “!” icon from disappearing even if you accept all Guild Cards after performing a specific set of actions.
- Fixed a bug causing the pressing of directional buttons being registered twice if they are pressed once at the exact moment when the Quest Select screen is displayed.
- Fixed various text bugs.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes have been made.
And that’s it for the Monster Hunter Rise 3.6.1 update. A very light update, compared to previous ones, but a welcome one nonetheless.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!