Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
As standard as character classes have been in the Soulsborne universe, they make their return in Elden Ring as a base to build characters off of.
Classes in Elden Ring are the starting archetypes available to the player. All of the classes in Elden Ring follow a concept similar to that of the Dark Souls series, wherein choosing a class will determine the player’s starting Stats and Equipment. This can later be changed and customized as per the player’s preferences.
Players can also select a Keepsake, which works similarly to how Starting Gifts work in Dark Souls. These gifts can also end up allowing more leeway for early customization for players. As far as starting classes go, here is a list of all of them.
List of Starting Classes
There are a total of 10 starting classes that a player can choose from, each with varying stats and starting weapons. These are our first impressions.
- Astrologer –High mind and intelligence stats, good spellcaster
- Bandit – High arcane and dexterity stats, better with daggers
- Confessor – Highest total stats and equitable stat distribution, jack-of-all-trades
- Hero – Highest strength stat, great with melee weapons and frontlining
- Prisoner – Equitable stat distribution, high intelligence and dexterity makes for a good magic/dagger wielder
- Prophet – Highest faith stat, best as a faith incantation caster
- Samurai – Highest endurance stat, best for starting players along with Hero
- Vagabond – Highest vigor stat with great other starting stats for a strong melee character
- Warrior – Highest dexterity stat with a good balance of other stats making for a suitable shortsword/shield character
- Wretch – Your cookie cutter level 1 Soulsborne character with equal stats across the board and nothing to their name. Best for experienced players who know what they’re doing
These classes can give new players a hint as to what the best way to build them would be, although experienced Soulsborne players already know how to mix and match to their liking.
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!