The dogs are here to rule the skies! Thunderdogs is a top-down multiplayer shooter. Choose from a variety of different fighter planes, each with their own unique Thunderdog pilot, and shoot down your opponents in hectic real-time dogfights! Our Thunderdogs cheats and tips will show you how to become the top dog!
Thunderdogs is all about good piloting skills, so grab your flight stick and get ready to fly! Here’s our Thunderdogs cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
Don’t forget about your dash!
Remember to use your dash – a quick swipe and you will boost out of harm’s way! The dash is crucial for escaping certain danger, and it’s the only maneuver that can help you escape the homing missile weapon. Executing a dash require two action blocks, so make sure you don’t dash yourself dry or fire too much.
Use short, concentrated shots!
The best way to take down an enemy in a dog fight is to pepper them with short bursts of concentrated fire. Shoot 2-3 shots at once, but never more than that. You want to hold onto some extra action blocks in case you get the opportunity to unload a full clip when it’s a guaranteed hit.
Also, this doesn’t work all the time, but trailing another player that’s trying to do something else will often times get them to turn around and engage your directly, which is kind of what you want. When other players fly at your straight, they’re easy targets – just make sure you are healthy enough to take some hits!
Grab the special weapons!
Or, if you want to be a little more crafty, you can avoid direct combat altogether and go for some creative kills. Green boxes with stars on them will spawn randomly around the map, and picking them up will grant you a special weapon.
- The Homing Missile will fire a slow moving missile that locks onto the closest target to you. This missile can be evaded if your target dashes enough, but in most cases it will eventually catch up to its target and deal massive damage! If you find yourself being chased by these, use dashes to shake it and try to lure it into an obstacle.
- The Laser Beam is an incredibly strong special weapon. Shooting will make your plane come to a stop, then about a second later a powerful beam will shoot out in front of you. The beam only lasts for about a split second so good timing and accuracy is required! If you can land a hit with this bad boy, this thing almost guarantees a kill.
- Mines are tricky weapons that can catch other players by surprise. You have four mines to use that drop when you shoot. The mines have a ring around them, and if any plane enters it the mines will flash then detonate. These mines do moderate damage, but placing them near each other might make opponents run into multiple mines!
- The Gatling Gun is a furious weapon that fires a cascade of bullets. It’s a one time use, so aim well and fire away! It functions similar to the Laser Beam – upon firing it, your plane will stop and pause for about a second before the volley comes out. As you can probably guess, the closer you are to your target, the better!
- The Electric Field energizes your plane to create an electric barrier around it. If you get near opponents they will take constant damage. It doesn’t last very long so be careful when you use it!
Try out different planes!
You will unlock different planes in the prize boxes. These planes aren’t just cosmetic skins – they each come with own Thunderdog pilot and they have different stats! Speed is the plane’s max speed, while Thrust is how fast it accelerates.
Handling determines how fast the plane can turn, Dash determines how far your dashes take you, and Power is the amount of damage the plane does with its default shot. Choose the fighter that suits your playstyle! Do you like to use hit’n’run tactics? Do you like to charge your opponents head on? There’s a plane for you!
Grab the bones!
The more bones you have when you get shot down, the more coins you’ll get. Every player’s bones are shown on your HUD, so you can use different tactics to get the bones you need.
The majority of players in the sessions are probably going to gun for the player with the most bones, so you can hang back and pick them off after they’re damaged from a dogfight!
There’s multiple ways of collecting bones rather than just waiting for them to spawn, so get creative and take down your enemies in extravagant ways!
That’s all for Thunderdogs! If you have any other tips or tricks to share, let us know in the comments below!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!