If you prefer your character to be quick on their feet and sneaky like a cat, you will have chosen the job of Thief in Ragnarok Origin. This is not the most powerful class of character but has access to a variety of weaponry. Now you have chosen your role you will no doubt want to know where is best to allocate your points and raise your stats.
Keep scrolling to find some super helpful hints and tips on the best Ragnarok Origin Thief build to make your character the strongest it can be!
How to Create the Best Thief Build in Ragnarok Origin
Since you have completed the tutorial and learned some basic skills as an adventurer you should be at level 10 and ready to choose your class. This is a big decision and your choice really depends on your personal play style and if you prefer to play solo or with friends (or both!)
Thief Stat Build
If you have chosen to be the Thief as your first job you are likely to be focussing mainly on Team play. The Thief’s strengths are speed and dexterity, being a good support to a team by being a sneaky distraction to enemies. They may not be the most powerful fighter in combat but can be a skilful and agile killer.
Related | Ragnarok Origin Codes
Some stats are not useful to a class who prefers to be up close and personal like the Thief. INT is mainly for magic-focussed heroes, and although VIT may be useful for the max. HP boost, it is not what we would recommend focussing on. Instead, a Thief should be spreading their Attribute Points on DEX, STR, and AGI.
This stat spread will help you build a strong Thief (base level 10) who progresses into an Assassin as a second job (base level 40), and then an Assassin Cross as their third and ultimate job (base level 70).
All Ragnarok Origin available stats
As you play and level up you will accrue Attribute Points which you spend on raising your stats. It is not recommended that you spend your points on every stat on the board, however, but instead focus on strengthening stats specific to your class. The available stats are:
- STR – to increase melee weapon damage and max. inventory weight
- AGI – to increase attack speed and FLEE (the ability to dodge some attacks)
- VIT – to increase max. HP, defense, and HP regeneration
- INT – to increase magic attack, max SP, and SP regeneration
- DEX – to increase damage of ranged weapons, casting speed and hit chance
- LUK – to increase critical rate and critical defense
How to level up in Ragnarok Origin
Get more Attribute Points to spend on stats by levelling up as much as possible. You can level up quickly by doing any and all of the following:
- Quests: do any of your Daily Quests that reward you with EXP, take part in Story Quests, Side Quests and Adventure Quests as they award EXP even when you are fatigued.
- AFK Grinding: grind until your Combat Time has run out to earn EXP. This could be done before doing some of the questing as your character will be fatigued after hours of grinding but still available to do some side quests.
If you still need some help understanding how to play and progress in Ragnarok Origin, visit our beginner’s guide which is full of great tips!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!