Those brave adventurers drawn to magic should choose the role of Mage in Ragnarok Origin. The Mage has strong attacks but is weak in defense so it is a good choice for seasoned players. Now you have chosen your role you will no doubt want to know where is best to allocate your points and raise your stats.
Keep scrolling to find some super helpful hints and tips on the best Ragnarok Origin Mage build to make your character the strongest it can be!
How to Create the Best Mage Build in Ragnarok Origin
Since you have completed the tutorial and learned some basic skills as an adventurer you should be at level 10 and ready to choose your class. This is a big decision and your choice really depends on your personal play style and if you prefer to play solo or with friends (or both!)
Mage Stat Build
If you have chosen to be the smart and powerful Mage as you first job you are likely to be focussing mainly on Team play. The Mage likes to be support for the team with powerful attacks but the need to be able to back away and have time to recharge. They are powerful in combat but need help with defense.
Related | Ragnarok Origin Codes
It is good to think seriously about where to spend your Attribute Points. Some stats are not useful to a class who prefers to be away from the frontline like the Mage. STR is mainly for frontline melee heroes, and although VIT may be useful for the max. HP boost, it is not what we would recommend spending the majority of the points on. Instead, a Mage should be spreading their Attribute Points on DEX, INT, and AGI.
This stat spread will help you build a strong Mage (base level 10) who progresses into a Wizard as a second job (base level 40), and then a High Wizard as their third and ultimate job (base level 70).
All Ragnarok Origin available stats
As you play and level up you will accrue Attribute Points which you spend on raising your stats. It is not recommended that you spend your points on every stat on the board, however, but instead focus on strengthening stats specific to your class. The available stats are:
- STR – to increase melee weapon damage and max. inventory weight
- AGI – to increase attack speed and FLEE (the ability to dodge some attacks)
- VIT – to increase max. HP, defense, and HP regeneration
- INT – to increase magic attack, max SP, and SP regeneration
- DEX – to increase damage of ranged weapons, casting speed and hit chance
- LUK – to increase critical rate and critical defense
How to level up in Ragnarok Origin
Get more Attribute Points to spend on stats by levelling up as much as possible. You can level up quickly by doing any and all of the following:
- Quests: do any of your Daily Quests that reward you with EXP, take part in Story Quests, Side Quests and Adventure Quests as they award EXP even when you are fatigued.
- AFK Grinding: grind until your Combat Time has run out to earn EXP. This could be done before doing some of the questing as your character will be fatigued after hours of grinding but still available to do some side quests.
If you still need some help understanding how to play and progress in Ragnarok Origin, visit our beginner’s guide which is full of great tips!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!