This post is sponsored by TapTap Presents.
Some highlights from the TapTap Presents Mobile Showcase included the world premiere of DeNA’s CAPTAIN TSUBASA: ACE, updates for HoYoverse’s Genshin Impact, NARAKA: BLADEPOINT Mobile, and more, including new titles and updates for 24 games.
But that’s only the beginning. Whether you love to game or love a gamer, the overview below offers a solid overview of what went down at TapTap Presents 2022.
If you don’t know TapTap, it’s a mobile gaming oasis built on the pillars of community and accessible gaming, co-founded in 2016 by XD Inc., a major game presenter at the July 23 event, and game developer.
Following the event, Huang Yimeng, Co-Founder and CEO of XD Inc., said, “We’re excited to have concluded another successful showcase, introducing remarkable new titles to the TapTap community and gamers around the world.” The platform boasts letting players connect with developers, content creators, and each other to form a community based on passionate people.
Notable new releases to know about
At the event, developer XD Inc. brought exciting world premieres including the mobile version of Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, Steam’s most popular battle sim to date, as well as Spark Creative Editor, the handy tool that helps small development teams and players bring their biggest ideas to life.
Go Go! Muffin is also on the list, the fantasy idle RPG featuring Midgard’s most perfect, unique, and considerable pal, Muffin. Add Etheria: Restart in there also, the turn-based RPG made in Unreal Engine 4.
The latest installment of the classic cross-platform ARPG franchise, Torchlight: Infinite, revealed updated gameplay footage and a new hero, Thea. The release is slated for October 2022 and available for pre-register now.
AAA mobile developer DeNA revealed CAPTAIN TSUBASA: ACE, a multiplayer online soccer game inspired by the anime of the same name. Be your favorite celebrity athlete and experience perfectly recreated scenes from the show.
Much anticipated and not to be forgotten on this list of big reveals is HoYoverse’s RPG, Genshin Impact. Expect new companions and adventures in this one.
What to pre-reg for now
The list is long, but here’s a quick run-down of what felt noteworthy for pre-registration on the TapTap app.
- Popular multiplayer action game NARAKA: BLADEPOINT Mobile. The producer of 24 Entertainment revealed brand new details about the mobile version at the show.
- ANNULUS, the classic turn-based strategy game with diverse gameplay from developer Indrasoft. Players must fight like never before in order to break the rules of fate and secure safety for their land and glory for themselves.
- The open-world action game Wuthering Waves from developer KuroGames, showcased a live demo to remember. It featured new gameplay, exceptional movement design, a wide variety of character actions, and more.
- Sword of Convallaria: For This World of Peace, the pixel-style wargame independently developed by XD Inc. and composed by renowned artist Hitoshi Sakimoto, is a multi-platform experience for all devices.
- The alien-themed 3D hunting ARPG, Yeager: Hunter Legend, announced an open BETA available in Q4 2022. Players can explore the mysterious planet of Ekors and fight beasts.
TapTap Presents 2022 is the third installment of the annual mobile game showcase that has been anticipated and viewed by millions of fans each year around the world. The show has amassed more than 20 million views from English and Chinese-speaking audiences. Because of its reach, TapTap provides exceptional community bonding opportunities through fostering open player to player, and player to developer connections.
For more news and dirt, check a full recap at the TapTap Presents official event page or watch the TapTap Presents full 2022 showcase in English on YouTube, Twitch, and Twitter.