Summoner’s Greed is a charming idle tower defense game where you have to beat wave after wave of incoming enemies. It all gets more difficult, but with the perfect strategy and solid monsters unlocked, it’s all doable. And that’s what we’re here to talk about: some Summoner’s Greed cheats and tips in our complete strategy guide!
Although extremely repetitive, this game is also rewarding. And the best part is that you can mostly let it run on your device that’s resting on your desk and only interact with it every now and then for the most part. But we’ll have everything covered in today’s guide for Summoner’s Greed!
So let’s not waste a single second and let’s check out below some Summoner’s Greed tips and tricks in our complete guide!
Always start from the beginning
Unless you really want to pass a specific stage and you really know you can do it with the double damage offered by the ad option, then you should always restart the game from level 1.
This gives you the chance to collect a lot of gold coins along the way and, even though a bit boring to go through all the stages again, it’s extremely useful. The coins are valuable at all times and you will need buckets of them in order to level up all your monsters to get as far as possible.
Take advantage of the ads
Ads are usually annoying in games, but in Summoner’s Greed they’re not that bad. You get the option to watch a video ad every now and then and you should definitely take it, especially when you get the option to receive free Gems or increase the coins dropped by monsters.
If you’re at a high level already, the offer that doubles your damage is extremely useful too, but otherwise… not so much. Just make sure that you really take advantage of these offers and they can really help you go forward fast.
Monster Upgrades & level ups
One very important upgrade that you can buy from the bottom left menu is one that I saw only after reaching wave 30, and it would’ve been a lot easier with it! It’s the Monster attack boost which can be purchased twice: once with regular coins and once with Gems.
The coins one gives you 10% attack boost (permanent) and increases by 1% with each new purchase, while the Gems one gives you 10% attack boost – also permanent – and increases by 5% with each new purchase.
Make sure that you buy at least the first levels of each in order to get a massive overall boost early on and have an easier life in the game.
Afterwards, you should focus on leveling up your monsters and spells, while unlocking new ones as often as possible.
When you get the option to use 30 orbs for rare and above monsters, only go for that from that moment on because the common monsters aren’t good. Also go for the Gem unlocks whenever you have the chance – you really need top Heroes in order to get as far as possible, and the best ones available in the game too!
Best team set-up
Once you pass wave 30, things start to get a bit more complicated and you have to think a bit of strategy and really pay attention to the monsters that you place on the limited spots and also the ones that you send in battle.
There are definitely multiple approaches that work, but here is the line-up that I am using with a lot of success so far:
Front row, speedy in the middle. Second row, mighty in the middle. Place decent damage dealers to their sides: your best heroes in the top row and second best ones in the middle row and you will go as far as possible.
The rarer heroes are the best choices – just bring the best that you have into battle, place them to the sides of the boosters and you’re set for a very long run in the game.
I consider heroes like Ash, Frostbite and Teddy to be particularly good. Make sure that you place Teddy to a side, for example, in order to get the most effect for his skill.
Do the same with every hero you place on the board: make sure that they’re in a place where their skill becomes the most useful.
Use your spells for maximum advantage
The Freeze spell is not useful for a pretty long time, so focus your upgrades on the Fireball since a lot of damage is what is extremely useful early on.
But you should also make sure that you use the spells at the optimum time to get the most out of them. Usually, it’s best to use the spells in combination: freeze a group of enemies first, then fireball them while your other heroes are dealing massive damage as well.
Take in mind the cooling time required by each and try to save the spells for two important stages: the boss fights and the ones where the massive warriors that target the rocks appear.
Now, thanks to Delta who left a comment below, here are some more tips to help you out:
- When starting the game, just farm, don’t bother with x2 damage ads for now and just reset and start over from lvl 1 whenever you lose.
- Make sure you buy the first upgrade for Monster attack boost and Super monster attack boost, gets you a quick 20% attack boost for the rest of the game.
- Keep rolling the 10 orb commons rolls, way better than rare rolls imo (also statistically better for getting epics and legends).
- Do NOT roll for epics using gems, I repeat do NOT waste your gems on those. It’s not worth it.
- Once you get one good epic or legendary that has a skill that can deal AoE damage, focus on that. DON’T waste any gold upgrading anything else at that point, unless you get a better monster, preferably a legend.
- Save up your gems for double monster attack first, 500 may seem to be quite a bit but you can get it in less than a day of playing the game, given that you watch the gem ads
- You don’t want to be buying anything the sellers selling so far since you want to focus on saving your gold for upgrading your main monster right now, so no to orbs, gems, or summoning stones. After getting double monster attack, save up for double gold since it’s cheaper than double gems and helps you get gold faster and progress faster.
- When you can, farm Joint Revenge. This map is SO AMAZING when you first unlock it.
- When you beat Join Revenge on normal, start upgrading your slime king, Doesn’t matter if you have another legendary, just upgrade Slime King.
- Bonus: Did you know that hard versions of the maps don’t give extra gold or orbs, and if they do, it’s not really that much more (if any)?
This would be it – our tips and tricks for Summoner’s Greed in a complete guide. If you have other tips and tricks to share with fellow players, don’t hesitate to let us know by publishing your comment below.