You have been selected to lead the Suicide Squad, a special task force comprised of DC’s most infamous super villains. Suicide Squad: Special Ops is a companion first-person shooter for iOS and Android systems. Play as Harley Quinn, Deadshot, or El Diablo in this hectic fight for survival! Don’t let the pretty graphics and the movie tie-in presence fool you; this game means business! Try to set the new high score as you fight your way through the mission but be careful – if you lose a squadmate you lose them for good! Losing all three means game over so be on your toes! Let’s get started with our Suicide Squad: Special Ops cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Watch your surroundings!
If there are enemies nearby that are not in your direct line of sight, you will see icons pop up around your view indicating where they are at. If you see an exclamation mark, an enemy is approaching! The closer they are to you, the bigger the icon bubble will be. If it is turning red, the enemy is about to attack you! Be sure to keep your head on a swivel and always be alert. You never know where the enemies will come from so keep looking. Watch your allies – sometimes they will move in the direction on the next wave.
2. Buy the long-term upgrades!
Every couple of waves you will find a Supply Drop. Supply drops offer you several upgrade choices, but you can choose one of them. Sometimes you will be presented with the option of refilling armor for one of your currently selected. Try not to pick this option unless you are dangerously low on health. It is much better to choose the passive upgrades, like the higher health drop chance or increased damage.
3. Don’t let your squad fall!
You do not have to worry about the rest of squad as they are controlled by the AI, however you must watch out for yourself! If your currently controlled character dies in combat, they are gone for good! You see, Suicide Squad is a single-run game meaning that once you lose all three members you have to start all over from the beginning. Once you lose your first character the game becomes an uphill battle from there, as you won’t have your squad mates to watch your back. Keep them healthy and switch off to another character if your current one is low on health!
4. Play as the entire squad!
Harley, Deadshot, and Diablo have their own unique skills and attacks, so we will list our favorites starting from best to least effective in our own experience. Your mileage may vary with this list, so use whoever you like the most!
- In our experience with the game Deadshot was easily the most efficient character. Landing a headshot a.k.a direct hit almost guarantees a kill, and it’s fairly easy to pull one off. Additionally it charges his special move, which lets him enter Marksman Mode. In this mode, time slows down and it is incredibly easy to pull off direct hits. Even better – every direct hit landed in this mode adds more time to the special move timer, which means that if you can land consecutive direct hits you can stay in marksman mode for a very long time! His ranged skill and special move easily made him the best character for us.
- Harley Quinn was a close runner-up. Her primary weapon is a high damaging melee weapon. Every time she strikes an enemy, her combo meter goes up and each successive hit swings a tiny bit faster. Her special move is Frenzy Mode, where time slows down like Deadshot’s special move. Moving the crosshair over an enemy in this state will cause Harley to quickly dash to the enemy and follow up with an overhead crush! You can utilize this to take out a large group of enemies while keeping yourself out of harms way thanks to the slow down. Also, each hit adds a little more time just like marksman mode.
- El Diablo was probably our least used character. He is not bad by any means, but the other two just seem to do everything he can do better. His primary and only weapon is to shoot fire out of his hands, so you do not have to worry about finding ammo. It is a short-to-mid range weapon however, meaning you need to get close and you need to stay close for the fire to do its maximum damage. It is very easy to get hit when playing as Diablo, unless you can “kite” your enemies well, and that’s strafing around and keeping yourself out of your enemy’s range while keeping them in your range.
That’s about it for Suicide Squad: Special Ops. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!