Stardew Valley is an exciting game in which you have to create your farm, but not everything is so simple. In addition to growing vegetables and fruits, you have to travel to new locations, meet magical creatures and explore deep caves. One of the places you have to explore is the Skull Cavern, and today we will tell you the most important things you need to know about this place.
Stardew Valley Skull Cavern Guide
Skull Cavern is one of the most dangerous and the most rewarding places in the game that you should visit.
To unlock access to the Skull Cavern, you need to visit another cave located northeast of Pelican Town. Going down to the very bottom of this cave, you will automatically unlock access to the Skull Cavern. Next, you need to go to the Calico Desert, and that is where you will find the entrance to the Skull Cavern. The tunnels of this cave are almost endless, and you are unlikely to be able to visit this place in the first game year.
Starting your journey in the Skull Cavern, you have to go through many levels, and going down you will meet more and more dangerous monsters and find more and more valuable treasures. After passing the first 100 levels of the cave, you will complete the quest NPC Mr. Qi and get valuable rewards.
To defeat monsters and descend to new levels of the cave, you will need powerful equipment, a good sword, and many other helpful attributes that you will receive as your character levels up.
Stardew Valley Skull Cavern Tips
As we said earlier, the Skull Cavern is an incredibly dangerous place, and to make it easier for you to pass the floors, we have prepared some good tips:
- Make your weapons much more powerful. To do this, go to the Ginger Island location and visit the forge inside the volcano. By spending some precious stones and ash fragments, you can upgrade your sword or tools, and cast good enchantments on equipment.
- If you want to complete the NPC Mr. Qi, you can use stone stairs. The ladder allows you to go down one floor, and to create one ladder needs 99 stones. Using this method, you can complete all levels or only those too difficult and full of monsters. But it is worth noting that if you use more than ten ladders, Mr. Qi will be dissatisfied with you, although this will not affect the reward in any way.
- Use rings to get additional buffs. There are a lot of rings in the game, and to get even more buffs you can combine rings in the volcanic forge.
- Visit the Skull Cavern on the days when your luck is at its highest, as you will be able to find stairs faster, there will be fewer monsters, and best ores will appear much more often.
- Upgrade your pickaxe to smash cave walls faster and find stairs to the next floor easier.
- To break walls faster, you should also think about using bombs. Using bombs, you break a large section of the wall and can find stairs in a few minutes.
- Always take a lot of food with you on a hike, as when meeting monsters you will lose a lot of health, and food will help restore it.
That’s all you need to know about Skull Cavern and how to get through this dungeon faster. Once you unlock this location, you should spend a few days getting ready and then heading out. You should do this as quickly as possible since all the resources you find in this cave will be helpful to you later in the game.