Yes, this is finally happening. Star Wars is being turned into a card trading game thanks to Konami and Lucas Films. The game that hopes to bring you the force is Star Wars: Force Collection. Darth Vader, here we come!
Coming to iOS “soon” Star Wars: Force Collection challenges you to collect over 230 cards and discover special vehicle blueprints to create the ultimate Battle Formation. You can play against other players, testing the force of your deck versus human or AI controlled opponents, you can level up and basically do everything you can do in your regular card trading game, but this time with a Star Wars theme.
There’s a list of features published by the developers, so here’s what you should expect from Star Wars: Force Collection:
- Collect and strategize with your card deck, featuring characters and vehicles from Episodes I-VI.
- Draw from card packs to collect over 230 Star Wars characters that may be used to aid you in battle.
- Travel to some of your favorite planets from the vast Star Wars galaxy.
- Your actions determine the path to joining the light or dark side of the Force.
- Piece together blueprints to construct vehicles that provide you an edge in battle.
- Battle bosses and other players in quests and special in-game events by creating battle formations with your cards and vehicles.
- Defeat other players and loot their Blueprint Pieces, leveling up your Battle Ranking.
The game will be released for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch on September 4th but no pricing details have been give (we have a feeling it will be free to play, though). May the Force be with you!