In all the Splatoon games, if you owned any of the Splatoon series Amiibos, you could scan them in the game to get some sweet bonus rewards. Splatoon 3 is no different—if you’ve got Splatoon Amiibos from the past games lying around, why not scan them in and get some free gear? Here’s how to get Amiibo bonus rewards in Splatoon 3.
Getting Amiibo Bonus Rewards in Splatoon 3
Since its inception, the Splatoon games got some cool Amiibo figurines over the past couple years. If you’re unfamiliar, Amiibos are Nintendo’s official toy line that can be scanned into games for bonus goodies.
The original Splatoon and Splatoon 2 both got eight unique Amiibos each. There are new figures planned for Splatoon 3, but they’re coming at a later date. So, that means in total, there are 16 Splatoon Amiibos.
Each one of these Amiibos will grant you unique and exclusive bonus rewards, so if you own any of these figures, you can scan them into Splatoon 3 to receive cool gear that usually matches the Amiibo you scan.
To get started, grab your Amiibos and have them ready. In the Splatsville plaza, look for a giant Amiibo box. You can’t really miss it, and it’s by the giant golden shrine gate. Interact with it, and you’ll be prompted to scan your Amiibo.
If you’re using Joycons, you’ll want to place the Amiibo figure on top of the right control stick. If you’re using a Pro Controller, place it in the center of the controller, right on top of the Switch logo. Hold your Amiibo steady until the game tells you to remove it.
Once the Amiibo scans correctly, they’ll appear in the game, and you’ll be rewarded with some bonus gear. For your convenience, we’ll list all the bonus gear sets you can get, alongside their assigned abilities.
Splatoon 1 Amiibo
- Inkling Boy (Blue/Purple) – Samurai Gear
- Quick Super Jump, Special Charge Up, Special Power Up
- Inkling Girl (Orange/Green) – School Girl Gear
- Run Speed Up, Ink Recovery Up, Ink Saver (Sub)
- Inkling Squid (Green/Orange) – Power Suit Gear
- Sub Resistance Up, Quick Respawn, Ink Saver (Main)
- Marie – Armor Replica Gear
- Tenacity, Special Charge Up, Ink Saver (Main)
- Callie – Hero Replica Gear
- Run Speed Up, Swim Speed Up, Quick Super Jump
Splatoon 2 Amiibo
- Inkling Boy (Green) – Squinja Gear
- Quick Respawn, Special Saver, Swim Speed Up
- Inkling Girl (Pink) – School Girl 2 Gear
- Opening Gambit, Run Speed Up, Sub Resistance Up
- Inkling Squid (Purple) – Power Suit Mk I Gear
- Ink Resistance Up, Sub Resistance Up
- Octoling Boy – Steel Gear
- Special Charge Up, Ink Saver (Sub), Object Shredder
- Octoling Girl – Enchanted Gear
- Ink Saver (Main), Thermal Ink, Run Speed Up
- Octoling Octopus – Fresh Fish Gear
- Comeback, Quick Super Jump, Quick Respawn
- Pearl – Pearlescent Gear
- Sub Resistance Up, Respawn Punisher, Special Charge Up
- Marina – Marinated Gear
- Special Saver, Special Power Up, Ink Recovery Up
The Splatoon 3 set of Amiibos are planned to release later in 2022, so expect those to have their own unique sets of bonus gear.
That concludes our guide on how to get Amiibo bonus rewards in Splatoon 3. If you have any other questions, let us know in the comments below!