The great captain Seabeard left behind a world of wonder and mystery for you to discover. Follow in his footsteps as you sail the seven seas and restore the old town of Accordia in Seabeard! Seabeard is a city simulator full of adventure and minigames! We’ll help you get the most out of your sailing trip with our Seabeard cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide.
Seabeard is a very articulate game, but your choices are limitless. So let’s get started with nailing the basics with our Seabeard guide to the ultimate adventure!
1. Follow the quests!
As the game eases you into the flow of things through the tutorial, you’ll quickly learn that there’s a lot to do in the world. When you first start out though, it’s best to just follow the quests. They’ll lead you down the general progression path, and you will get the basic buildings in your town to boot.
2. Score high on the challenges to gain prizes!
Before you reach Larona Shallows, you must travel to each island manually by sailing. When you do, you’re challenged with a random minigame. The ones we’ve seen are:
- Slalom: This one’s pretty easy. All you need to do is pass through the slalom poles and you’ll earn a gold rank with relative ease.
- Tentacle Terror: En route to your destination, you’ll be attacked by a giant octopus! Tentacles will rise from the depths of the ocean. Wait until one of the suction cups on the tentacle opens, then fire away at the exposed weak point. Be precise with your taps!
- Fast Lane: If you decide to sail to a faraway island, your challenge will most likely be Fast Lane. This is a racing challenge, as you’re faced off with two other boats. If you manage to get first, you’ll earn the gold chest. To do this, you need to stay on the fast currents as much as possible. Avoid the rocks!
- Target Range: Various wooden targets will pop up out of the ocean, and you simply need to tap them to fire away. Just be careful, don’t fire at the civilians, or you’ll lose points!
- Dangerous Waters: Avoid the various obstacles in the water and reach your destination unharmed. This one isn’t too tough either, just pay attention and act quickly!
If you do well enough on these challenges, you’ll earn a chest based on your performance. The gold chests, the best rewards, usually have a special item that you can only get from the challenge. The silver chests usually contain coins. If you don’t really need the items, it’s fine if you don’t get the gold chest, so you can get more money!
3. Keep your fish trader stocked early on!
During the tutorial quests you’ll end up building a fish trader. This will be your primary source of income early on, so be sure to keep it stocked. You only have two slots when you first start out, so be sure to keep them stocked with the best fish you can find. We found that the golden pikes sold for the best at that level, which was 35 gold for 20 minutes.
4. Land your line on the fish for a quick way to reel them!
To fish, run around the coast on an island and see if there are any fish swimming nearby. Throw your line out by tapping in the ocean. What worked the best for us was trying to make the cast land right on top of the fish. Doing so causes the fish to get scared a little bit, but immediately after it resurfaces it will almost always have its sights set on your line. Just wiggle it a little bit and it the fish should go straight for it. Spin the reel when the fish is resting but don’t spin when they’re struggling, otherwise you’ll break your line!
5. Explore around and look for goodies!
The various islands are pretty expansive, but if you take the time to look around and explore all the nooks and crannies you can find various items lying around. You can find clams on the beaches, berries under bushes, and all sorts of stuff. These items might come in handy later, you never know!
6. Go back to old islands if you need quests!
Out of quests? Looking for what to do next? Try revisiting old islands. The inhabitants may have new quests for you to undertake, or there might even be newcomers!
7. Use your challenge tokens!
After you reach Larona Shallows, playing a boat challenge now requires a challenge token. These are generated automatically overtime, and your starting boat can hold a maximum of four challenge tokens. Be sure to spend them and don’t let them hit their maximum capacity!
This is just the tip of the iceberg as you’ll unlock more activities as you progress, but generally just keep finding new quests, build more houses in Accordia, and you should be set. If you have any other questions or suggestions, leave a comment below!
You can check out more cheats and tips for the game right here, if you want more.