Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is a role-playing video game developed and published by Jam City under license from Portkey Games. The game is set in the Wizarding World and is based on the Harry Potter novels written by J.K. Rowling.
The game was released for Android and iOS on April 25, 2018. Players praised its free-roam settings throughout Hogwarts with an underlying original plot looming in the background. There are a lot of entertaining features added in between the main story to make the game more engaging for players.
As it exists in the magical world, Potions have been an important tool for witches and wizards since ancient times when magic was first introduced to the wizarding world. Due to this, Hogwarts Mystery has released events regarding different types of Potions. Today we will be talking about one such recurring event: The Puzzling Potions.
Puzzling Potions Event
The Puzzling Potions event in Hogwarts Mystery lets players acquire potion bottles as additional rewards for completing club actions and classes. The more bottles players acquire, the more potions players can complete during the event. Depending on the number of potions completed by the end of the event, players can acquire a variety of rewards.
Here are some simple things to remember:
- Players earn potion bottles by completing club actions in classes, story projects, and assignments. Quizzes do not count.
- One potion bottle is earned per club action regardless of how many taps it requires to fill the action bubble. Players can use lower energy club actions for best results.
- Green Potions are from Hippogriff XP, Pink Potions are from Sphinx XP, and Yellow Potions are from Dragon XP.
- The potion bottles are used to remove tiles gems and reveal the ingredients needed to brew the said potion. Not all of these ingredients are essential.
- The number of ingredients needed for each potion and how many gem tiles the ingredient outline is under can be seen on the chalkboard to the left of the gem board. They can be oriented in various ways: flipped, mirrored, tilted, or reversed.
- The ingredient is added to the potion once all of the gems surrounding it are removed from the board.
- Some gems have multiple layers and are identified by squiggly lines. Depending on the number of squiggles on a layer, more potions will be needed to unlock it.
- Coins can also be used to remove layers, with 100 coins per layer removed, up to a max of 300 coins each.
- Upon finding all the required ingredients, players complete that potion and acquire a reward.
- There are a total of 4 potions of varying difficulty and better rewards the higher it goes.
- The grand prize can only be acquired after finishing all of the potions.
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!