A new Pokémon GO special event is beginning soon, giving players the chance to catch more Dark-type Pokémon and get face to face with a new Legendary.
The Luminous Legends Y event, which will officially begin next week, will introduce the Legendary Pokémon Yvetal to Pokémon GO. During the first week of the event, which will start on May 18 and end on May 24, players will also have to deal with the Team GO Rocket turning more Pokémon into Shadow Pokémon, and changing up their strategies to offer new challenges.
Catch the full details of the first part of the event below.
Part 1 Date + Time
Tuesday, May 18, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 24, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
Part 1 Features
- Yveltal will make its Pokémon GO debut in five-star raids! This Dark- and Flying-type Legendary Pokémon was first discovered in the Kalos region, and when its wings and tail feathers spread wide and glow red, it absorbs the life force of living creatures. Yveltal will remain in five-star raids for the duration of the event.
- Pancham will be hatching from Strange Eggs! We’re receiving reports that the following Pokémon will also be hatching from Strange Eggs rescued from Team GO Rocket during the event and afterwards as well: Qwilfish, Larvitar, Absol, Skorupi, Sandile, Scraggy, Pawniard, Vullaby, and Deino.
- Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Keep a look out for Pokémon like Houndour, Carvanha, and more.
- Missed out on some of the Pokémon that appeared during Luminous Legends X? Well, you’re in luck—because many of them are returning! You can look out for Pokémon like Spritzee, Swirlix, and Goomy appearing in the wild.
- Complete Team GO Rocket–themed Timed Research before the event concludes to encounter Dark-type Pokémon like Galarian Zigzagoon.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Alolan Rattata, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Grimer, Sneasel, Poochyena, Stunky, and Purrloin.
- Dark-type Pokémon like Alolan Meowth, Yveltal, and more will be appearing in raids! For Pokémon appearing in Mega Raids, please check the May events blog.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Dark-type Pokémon, including Galarian Zigzagoon, Scraggy, and more.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will lead to encounters with Galarian Zigzagoon!
- You can use a Charged TM to help a Shadow Pokémon forget the Charged Attack Frustration.
The second part of the Pokémon GO Luminous Legends Y event will begin on May 25 and last until May 31. During this time, Sylveon will make its debut in Pokémon GO, several Pokémon will hatch from 7 km eggs and creatures like Eevee, Ralts, Spritzee, Swirlix will be appearing more often in the wild.
Here’s the full details of the second part of the Luminous Legends Y event.
Part 2 Date + Time
Tuesday, May 25, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Monday, May 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time
Part 2 Features
- Sylveon will be making its Pokémon GO debut! Evolve Eevee into Sylveon by earning hearts when it’s your buddy.
- Eevee, Ralts, Spritzee, Swirlix, and others will be appearing more often in the wild, alongside some of the Dark-type Pokémon featured in Part 1 of the event.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 7 km Eggs: Eevee, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Azurill, Spritzee, and Swirlix.
- Some of Eevee’s Evolutions will be appearing in three-star raids! Keep an eye out for Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, and Umbreon.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will lead to encounters with Eevee, some of Eevee’s Evolutions, and more.
- Event-exclusive AR Mapping tasks will reward Poffins!
- Sylveon-inspired avatar items will be available in the shop!
Pokémon GO is now available on the App Store and Google Play Store worldwide.