While Pokemon Legends Arceus is all the rage right now, being the latest entry in the series, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl haven’t been forgotten. Today, the remakes of the classic Nintendo DS entries in the series have received their biggest update yet which introduces some welcome new features.
Here are all the new additions of the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0 update and the full patch notes.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Update 1.2.0: Full Patch Notes
The Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0 update is the biggest update released so far, introducing new Union Room functions, an additional Colosseum battle feature, and more.
Among the Union Room’s new functions is the expanded number of maximum players that you can play with, which has been increased to eight, and the ability to show other players your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
The new Colosseum battle feature, on the other hand, allows players to battle with other players using custom rulesets. The new feature can be accessed on the second floor of any Pokemon Center.
The new update also brings some bug fixes, including an undocumented change that lets the game detect cloned Pokemon. You can check out the full patch notes for the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl 1.2.0 update below, courtesy of Nintendo.
- Union Room functions have been expanded.
- The maximum number of players you can play with via local or internet communication in Union Rooms has been increased to eight. Also, by selecting Greeting or Capsule Decorations, you can show each other your Trainer Cards or Capsule Decorations.
- Additional Colosseum battle feature has been added.
- Enter the Colosseum on the 2nd floor of a Pokémon Center to battle with other players using custom rulesets.
- In the Colosseum, you can set rules, such as the number of Pokémon to send into battle as well as their levels, and play Single Battles, Double Battles, or Multi Battles via local or internet communication.
- Pokémon Trading and Battles
- Some Pokémon acquired via unintended methods or illicit modification now cannot be used in Link Trades or Link Battles.
- Fixed some issues for more pleasant gameplay.