In today’s article we are going to take a look at all of the Plants vs Zombies 3 tips and cheats that we’ve gathered so far and share them with you, so that you can pass more levels easy!
This game is widely-known and loved, by both adults and children alike (as I know that first hand) but from what I have seen, it’s starting to develop more and more, and not just with the in-game events. And that brings us to this latest game, PvZ 3, which is every bit amazing as the previous ones and even more!
But putting all that aside, this is not the time to praise the game! Instead, you came here for a reason, and that is to learn all of the Plants vs Zombies 3 tips and tricks that we know, so let’s not waste another second and dive right into them!
Place your plants in the right spots
No matter if you are a a veteran or a newbie at the game, you should always place the plants in the right spot to maximize their powers. There are many types of plants, which you will unlock 1 by 1, so you should try them all out and see what their abilities are and where they are best to be placed.
Read the info about plants
Whenever you obtain a new plant, make sure that you read the info about it right away and learn what it does, and what its attack range is. Of course, not all plants are ranged attackers like the classical Peashooter, so you need to always be informed about all of them.
To read more info about your plants, you can simply check that by tapping onto a plant which you have, during the team selection process. There it will show you the plant description, its power and what feeding it Plant Food and Tacos gives!
Train with your plants
You should always play a “training” level with your plants so as to see what their abilities are in battle and how much damage they deal/tank/heal firsthand. I suggest that before trying them anywhere else, you fight in one of the normal low levels by using your newly acquired plants to see how they work.
Call this practice, either way it is super effective so make sure that you do it because it’s going to save you a lot of time in the long run. By doing this you basically learn when each plant is good to use and you’ll be able to assemble your ultimate “dream team”.
Plant the ranged units safely, and guard them
This is the third step here. Once you learned how your plants work, you’ll notice that there are attacker plants which can be melee, ranged, a little bit of both, there are plants which are designed to keep enemies in check by holding them back, there are mines, and many others.
This is how you should always place the plants:
– Place a tanky unit somewhere close to the enemy front line, so as to intercept incoming zombies and stop them from afar. By doing so, you will leave yourself several lanes where you can place plants which will attack continuously while your tank is holding them back.
– Place your highest damage and longest range flowers in the very first row. That way you will shoot continuously even if your first line of defense falls, and you will take down the zombies despite there possibly being casualties.
– Place the melee fighters who have 2 row damage range right behind your tank. That way you will have the ranged damage dealer in the back shooting, a melee dealing great damage and a tank holding the enemies back. (an example for this is: have a Peashooter in the first row, then on the fifth row have a Wall-Nut, and right behind the Wall-Nut on the fourth row place a Bonk Choy)
Always try to make row Symmetry Bonus
This is an extra bonus which you will obtain in PvZ 3, which gives you some extra points for having an entire row arranged symmetrically. This is not the only bonus available in the game, but it is one of the easiest to complete. Basically even if you have 5 Peashooters in every row you can get a nice bonus, so try doing that.
Try to go for higher score all the time
There are a few ways in which you can increase your personal score. They all matter towards obtaining the 5 stars per level in the end, so you can imagine that the higher the score, the better it is in the end.
You can get a higher score by doing the following:
– Kill zombies ASAP. The further away the zombies are from the plants when they die, the more points they give. That means that placing your Wall-Nut close to your plants instead of the enemy front line is not ideal, so you should try to always finish off the zombies as soon as they spawn.
– Use the Symmetry Bonus. When your column is filled with all identical plants (doesn’t matter if you used Taco or Plant Food) you will obtain the Symmetry Bonus for that column.
– You get the Salad Bar bonus if you have at least 1 of each plant on the board. As you know, there is a maximum number of 6 plants that you can take with you in every battle. Well, the moment you have all six of them with you and placed on the board, then you’ve got this bonus!
– Parthenon bonus is the bonus which you get by having all the columns with at least 1 plant.
– Last but not least, there is the Quick Bonus which gives you extra points for finishing battles faster than in 270 seconds.
My suggestion is:
I would advise you to always place a plant in each row and column, and to try and go for the Symmetry Bonus all the time. That is easy to get and if you add the Parthenon and Salad Bar bonuses, then you will definitely win the stages with 5 stars most of the time. The secret is to have enough Sun to get all the plants on the field.
Upgrade your plants
Whenever you get multiple fragments of a certain plant, you can use them to upgrade that plant. Make sure you do this because it is going to increase the plant’s stats and make it a lot stronger. You will be able to obtain various plant fragments from Pinatas, as well as from the Shop’s daily offers. I suggest that you buy the ones that you need especially if there are fragments for more rare plants.
Upgrading a plant costs Gold too along with the fragments, so try to not spend all the Gold on various stuff and rather just make sure that you upgrade your strongest and most frequently used plants first.
Check the Shop for daily deals
Every single day you can head on to the Shop window and there you will see the Daily Deals which you can purchase every day. These deals will change every several hours, so make sure that you check back often.
You can also use the Ad button to watch an advertisement and refresh those deals, which can bring about some new plants! I suggest that you do that only after you purchased all the plants that you needed from the currently available deals first.
Try all the play modes and unlock Pinatas
You should always battle in all of the available battle modes in order to unlock more plants. There are the normal stages, there is the Tower, and you can battle in all of them at the same time. You can see all of the available modes where you can play when you head on to the town map. Each location with a zombie head means that there can be a battle held there!
Upgrade your House
Whenever you have all the required items you should prioritize upgrading the house. That is, because it will give you more seeds and other good rewards. In order to upgrade the house you will need Gold and other items, so check these out by tapping on the house.
Claim your Star Tree rewards
For the f2p players and premium players this is a great place to obtain new plants. I suggest that you tap on it and check out all of the rewards that you can obtain at each level. The premium players can claim more rewards, but it’s a great thing for the f2p players too!
All you need to do is keep playing the levels and collecting as many stars as possible. Also, if you are missing just a star or two, you can try to re-play the levels that you haven’t finished with 5 stars and try to complete various extra bonuses.
These would be all of our Plants vs Zombies 3 tips and tricks that we have for you right now! Do you know some more cool tips that you would like to share with the rest of us? Feel free to leave them down in the comments section below!