Odds of Male vs Female Starter Pokémon Scarlet and Violet – Answered

Learn what the odds are of getting a male versus female starter Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet.

At the beginning of every major Pokémon journey, players must choose and settle on a starter Pokémon. You can pick from a fire, grass, or water starter, but you can’t pick whether they’ll be male or female. You can, however, abuse the save system until you get what you want! Today, we’re here to answer the question: What are the odds of male vs female starter Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet?

Recommended Videos

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Starter Pokémon Gender Ratios

In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Trainers can pick between the grassy cat Sprigatito, the fiery dinosaur Fuecoco, or the stylish water duck Quaxly. Each one has their own unique move set and abilities.

If you care about gender, this is where things can get a little annoying. All three starters have an 87.5% chance of being male, and a 12.5% chance of being female. This is how it’s been for the past couple mainline Pokémon games.

As you can probably guess, if you’re aiming for a female starter Pokémon, these odds can be troublesome. Your only hope is to start the game, get all the way up to the point where you select your starter Pokémon, then save the game.

Related | All Leaked Starter Evolutions In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet

Now, pick your desired Pokémon and immediately check their gender. If it’s not the one you want, quit the game without saving and reload your game, then pick the Pokémon once more.

There’s nothing else to it besides luck. Just pick your Pokémon and hope that you get your desired gender. Depending on how unlucky you are, this may take several tries, but we hope that you only have to do this a couple of times, as the process gets old very fast.

We hope that answers any questions you had about the odds of male vs female starter Pokémon in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. If you have any other questions about gender ratios, let us know in the comments below!

related content
Read Article Coin Master Daily Free Spins and Coins Links (May 2024)
Coin Master promo image
Coin Master promo image
Coin Master promo image
Read Article Whiteout Survival Codes (May 2024)
Read Article Sakura Stand Codes (May 2024)
Read Article Latest Monopoly GO! Free Dice Rolls Links & Events (May 2024)
Read Article Echocalypse Redeem Codes (May 2024)
Echocalypse Kemono Girls
Echocalypse Kemono Girls
Echocalypse Kemono Girls
Related Content
Read Article Coin Master Daily Free Spins and Coins Links (May 2024)
Coin Master promo image
Read Article Whiteout Survival Codes (May 2024)
Read Article Sakura Stand Codes (May 2024)
Read Article Latest Monopoly GO! Free Dice Rolls Links & Events (May 2024)
Read Article Echocalypse Redeem Codes (May 2024)
Echocalypse Kemono Girls
Author
Jeremy Kanjanapangka
Jeremy is a Content Writer for Touch, Tap, Play, and has been writing in the games journalism industry for almost a decade now. With a degree in English and a passion for games, he loves to talk and write about all kinds of games. While you can find him covering the latest and greatest games, there is a special place in his heart for RPGs, action-adventure games, fighting games, and anything Nintendo related.

Write A Comment

Odds of Male vs Female Starter Pokémon Scarlet and Violet – Answered

Comments are on moderation and will be approved in a timely manner. Please read the following rules before commenting:

  • All comments must be on topic and add something of substance to the post
  • No swearing or inappropriate words
  • No asking or begging for anything free
  • Do not attempt to start a poll in the comments
  • Comments in all CAPS will be removed
  • We reserve the right to remove a comment for any reason
  • Do not impersonate a staff member or influencer

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.