A mysterious burglary has left Emma in a bewildered state. The thieves didn’t bother to steal a couple of specific lockboxes, and upon successfully opening one, she found a piece of a cryptic letter. Now, it’s up to you to help Emma solve the mystery! Mystery Match is a match-3 puzzle game that is very similar to Candy Crush Saga. We’ll help you put the clues together with our Mystery Match cheats, tips and trick strategy guide!
1. Match the special gems!
As to be expected, matching the gems in a certain fashion will create special gems!
- Beam gems are created when you match four gems. Depending on whether you match them vertically or horizontally, these special gems will shoot out a beam in the corresponding direction that destroys every gem in that row or column.
- Pulse gems are created when you match gems in a “L” or “T” formation. These gems will detonate when matched and destroy all surrounding gems.
- Pearls are created when you match five gems. Combining a pearl with any type of gem will immediately destroy all gems of that same color across the entire board.
Utilize these special gems to net you a bunch of points!
2. Try to reach your objective as fast as you can!
Each level has a certain mission you need to complete. Once you complete it, any moves you have left over will turn random gems on the board into beam gems. This is a great way for earning those extra points you need to push you over to the 3 star criteria, so try to fulfill your mission with as many extra moves left.
3. Plan out your moves!
There’s no time limit, so be sure to think about all of your moves before you actually commit to them. Sometimes, you need a certain gem to fall into the right place, and you do that by planning ahead and making sure what gems are going to go where. Take your time and don’t rush!
4. Need different pieces? Work at the bottom!
This is a particular problem that you’ll usually find yourself in when you’re doing the shadow box levels. If you need new gems in a certain area, the best way to go about this is to start working at the bottom of board. Matching gems at the bottom will cause new gems to drop in from the top, allowing you more options to work with.
5. Don’t make individual moves; try to think long term!
You’ll get by in the earlier levels by just going gem by gem, but you’ll need to start thinking ahead for the later levels. For example, in the levels where you need to match a certain amount of a specific type of gem, try creating the special gems listed above. It’s a lot more efficient than just trying to make 3-matches at every chance you get. With one carefully placed beam gem, you could potentially end up destroying a bunch of them with one move.
6. Connect to Facebook to access the future levels quicker!
Every ten levels or so, the story will advance and Emma will travel to a new location. In order to do so though, you need to wait a whole day (24 hours) before the levels unlock. This process can be sped up by either spending the premium currency or by asking three of your Facebook friends to help you out. If you have any friends who also play this, don’t be afraid to ask them to unlock the levels faster!
That should be a good start to your gem-matching journey. If you have any other questions or suggestions, leave a comment below!