Deviants in the Monster Hunter universe represent exceptionally tough members of a species of monster that have been hardened by adversity. In Monster Hunter Stories 2, deviants are among the most powerful monsters in the game, competing even with elder dragons in terms of stats and moves.
You’ll chiefly be finding deviants in high rank post-game content, so don’t expect to get them before you beat the final boss. They can also be found in the Elder’s Lair, though you aren’t able to collect their eggs there.
Here’s a list of available deviant monsters along with the specific co-op quests and locations where you can get their eggs:
- Silverwind Nargacuga: Jungle Den (SR Ticket), Hakolo SR Dens
- Grimclaw Tigrex: Woodland Den (SR Ticket), Alcala SR Dens
- Thunderlord Zinogre: Snowy Mt. Den (SR Ticket), Loloska SR Dens
- Bloodbath Diablos: Desert Den (SR Ticket), Flowery Den (SR Ticket), Lamure SR Dens
- Dreadqueen Rathian: Volcanic Den (SR Ticket), Fire Eggs (SR Ticket), Terga SR Dens
- Hellblade Glavenus: Fire Eggs (SR, R and N Tickets), Terga SR dens
- Boltreaver Astalos: Thunder Eggs (SR, R and N Tickets), Alcala SR Dens
- Soulseer Mizutsune: Water Eggs (SR, R and N Tickets), Pomore Garden SR Dens
- Elderfrost Gammoth: Ice Eggs (SR, R and N Tickets), Loloska SR Dens
One thing to note is that in co-op quests with multiple nests, all of these eggs can only be found in the main nest and even then, they’re not guaranteed. Using SR Tickets ensures that the egg pool is limited to deviants, elder dragons and Rajang, however. SR Tickets can be found in co-op dens and are sold by Melynx Inc. merchants for bottlecaps.
If you want to try to farm deviants in overworld SR dens—which stand out with their gleaming, crystalline appearance—bear in mind that they’re extremely rare and that you might end up searching for hours.
Hellblade Glavenus, Boltreaver Astalos, Soulseer Mizutsune and Elderfrost Gammoth can also be found in high rank rare dens in their respective regions, though they aren’t particularly common. Given how sustainable R Tickets are, it’s arguably faster and more profitable to just do the co-op quests for these deviants with R Tickets instead of searching for rare dens.
That’s all there is to know about deviant monsters and where to find their eggs!