In today’s article we are going to cover all of the Monolisk tips and cheats that we have gathered so far and share them with you in hope that they will help you build some of the most amazing dungeons ever!
Now you might have noticed it yourself, but this game is like not many others out there – here you are in charge of what dungeons you want to play and you can even create your own! You can change the class that you play as at any time, and you will most definitely experience the whole game as a developer more or less, in the sense that you can even get feedback for your creations!
But if you are still unsure about what I am talking about here, let’s not waste another second and dive right into the Monolisk tips and tricks right here below!
Play dungeons to get more Orbs
Whenever you are playing a new dungeon, you are basically trying out another player’s creation. This is a fun and unique feature this game has, as it is rewarding you for pretty much playing anything!
So it’s definitely a good way to save up Orbs, because those will help you purchase Packs which are giving you cards with various equipment, monsters, and other dungeon features.
I suggest that you spend your Orbs on Packs, and always try to get as many as possible because you can consider it an investment. If you are getting good gears, you can equip them to your characters, and if you are getting dungeon features you will unlock more items / monsters which will make your creations unique!
How to get more Orbs or Packs?
There are three main ways that you can collect more Orbs, and while some of them are easier than others, the ones which are more difficult will reward you with more Orbs! So let’s dive into them:
– Obtain more Orbs by completing individual dungeons: every time that you complete a dungeon you will be able to give that dungeon’s maker a star rating (between 1 and 3 stars) and you will claim a certain number of Orbs. So the more you play, the more you will get!
– Obtain more Orbs by completing Quests: the Quests can be found in the main interface of the game and if you look in the top right corner of the screen, you will notice the Quests tab. Head on there and you will see certain quests there. Complete them whenever you have them available because they will reward you with a lot of Orbs!
– Obtain Packs from Shards: now if you are a really creative genius, you will be able to gather a lot of Stars from publishing your Shards (dungeons) and the moment you have collected 50 stars, you will be able to claim a free Pack! So I suggest that you keep creating!
Equip your heroes & choose what to play as
You can swap out the hero that you want to play with for every single game, but I would suggest that you try to learn all of the classes, to know what are their strengths and weaknesses, but also try to specialize in one or two of them.
There are 5 classes in the game: Warrior, hunter, Shadow, Mage and Artificer! You can freely swap between them by tapping on the character in the middle of the screen, or by tapping on the icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
I suggest that you select which one you want to play for now, and depending on which one you have the best equipment for, try to focus on playing mainly that one.
– Equip better gears:
You can obtain gears from opening Packs, and I suggest that whenever you have a new one, you tap on Equipment (in the bottom left corner) and there you will see several types of gear that you can put on: weapon, shield, helmet, chestplate, shoulders, gloves, boots, accessories and skills.
I suggest that you always check out what you have and when you have something good that you can equip, you put it on immediately. Keep in mind that some of the gears that you will get are class locked and others are universal.
Equip the ones which are class-only first, and then check for the universal ones and try to make a hero fully geared and play it. That will be the best approach in my opinion.
A little tip: once you have equipped a universal gear to a hero and you go to another one you can still equip that gear there! So if you want to go back to the old one, make sure that you always check which gears you have equipped because you might take it off without even realizing!
Learn what your spells do
For each hero you should always check what your spells do, because some of them are ranged while others are melee. You should always try to keep the ranged heroes with ranged skills, while the melee ones with melee spells.
You can read your spells’ description by heading on to the main interface -> Equipment -> Spells tab in the upper right corner of the screen. There you will see how much damage the skills do and you can equip new ones by dragging and dropping them onto your hero!
Do your quests!
I know that I have mentioned this above, but the quests are super important so you should make sure that you check your timers until you can get a new one and you always try to complete the ones that you already have.
Your quests will ask for various tasks, such as killing a certain amount of monsters or playing a certain number of dungeons, so try to always read them and complete them ASAP so that you can get new ones!
The rewards are definitely worth it as they are Orbs which you will use for Packs, so by all means they are useful!
Create new Shards (dungeons)
You will be able to create your very own dungeons by using normal blocks and many, many other useful features. All you have to do in order to let your creativity loose is head on to the My Shards tab in the bottom left corner of the screen.
There you can tap on Create New and you can start creating right away!
– First things first – choose the type of dungeon you want to make by selecting the Shardstone (which defines the amount of tiles, objects and Source available for creatures) and the Realm (which defines the environment type and its color). The Shardstone and Realm must be matching!
– Secondly – select a name for your dungeon once you’ve placed the Shardstone and Realm by tapping underneath the Realm (and above of the Create New button) so that your dungeon will not have the typical playername’s dungeon format! My tip: pick something creative or very clickbait-y to draw players in!
– You can place various types of tiles, monsters and lootable items. Those can be found in the left side of the screen (you will have 3 icons): first one is the tiles (type of tiles), middle one is the objects (such as the end gate which can be only one, fire pits, chests – lootable stuff and other cool stuff) and the bottom one is the monsters. Always have monsters!
Learn what the Shards buttons do:
In the upper side of the screen you will have a list of buttons, and if you want to know what they do, then let me explain:
– Play button: will let you play the dungeon up to the point that you have created so far without publishing it yet.
– Magnifying lens: will let you zoom in or out to check out the layout of the dungeon.
– Compass: will let you rotate around to see how the dungeon looks from various perspectives – always go back to the “fixed” compass because that is the one players will play on.
– The grid: the grid lines can be turned on and off – it depends on how you find it easier to place the tiles.
– The brick wall: honestly, I am not sure what this one does – if you have any idea, let me know down in the comments below!
– The floppy disk: this button will save your progress so far.
– The Back arrow: this is the Undo button.
– The Forward arrow: this is the Redo button.
Once you have come up with a beautiful and unique dungeon idea, you can go ahead and publish it!
My tip: create various types of dungeons – there can be some which have few monsters but are interesting to play because they might be like a labyrinth! There can be one which has a ton of monsters to help those who want to complete the quests to kill X mobs!
Rate dungeons 3 stars (unless they really, really suck)
This is something which really depends on preference, but I personally would rate every dungeon 3 stars because that will help players collect 50 Stars and therefore unlock a free Pack!
That’s why I suggest you do it, because that will help players get more items and let them be more creative! However, if someone really hasn’t put any effort at all or the dungeon plainly put – sucks, then yeah… it’s not really good to rate those 3 stars!
Leave comments to fellow players
If you saw a dungeon which you really enjoyed or if you want to give some tips for fellow dungeon creators, then you should go ahead and leave them a comment! That will help the creators understand the players’ needs and improve their creations more!
Follow more players & leave your Follow Me link here
You can choose to follow more players and keep up with their creations (especially if they have some really cool visions)! I suggest that you should follow those players whose dungeons you enjoyed because that will make them want to create more!
If you want to share your creations here or if you want to get more followers, you can leave your game link down here below in the comments section!
Check out our gameplay video right here:
These would be all of our Monolisk tips and tricks that we have gathered so far! What other game tips do you know? Do you have some suggestions for players who want to create more fun dungeons? Leave them all down in the comments below!