Mobile Legends is a fantastic attempt to bring the MOBA genre to mobile platforms. If you are familiar with the games DOTA 2 or League of Legends, you’ll feel right at home with Mobile Legends. It’s a 5v5 player versus player game where you each control a unique hero with awesome spells and abilities. The objective to is destroy the enemy team’s base, and to do that you’ll need to work with your own team, strategize, and take out the enemy! We’ve got some beginning tips and tricks for you in our Mobile Legends cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
1. Check your Emblem Set!
Emblems are small runes that augment your hero, either right off the bat or through leveling. These emblems may seem small, but every little bit of stat boosts help. You won’t have access to all sets when you first start out, but once you’ve gotten a couple levels under your belt you’ll be able to select an emblem set. Make sure to pick one that compliments your hero nicely; there’s a set for each type of hero, and the emblems give you helpful boosts. For example, the mage emblem set increases magic power and reduces your cooldowns.
2. Bring the right abilities!
You can bring an ability with you into battle. These abilities function much like the emblem sets where each one corresponds to each type of hero. Let’s take a look at the first two, Execute and Retribution. Execute does true damage (meaning it is not mitigated by any kind of defense) to an enemy hero, the amount depending on how leveled you are. Retribution deals 600 true damage to monsters and increases the amount of damage you deal to them by 30% for 3 seconds.
If you’re a jungle hero, Retribution is great for your early game. As you level up, you’ll unlock more abilities, and some important ones we recommend are:
- Stun (Lv13) stun all enemies around you for half a second and confuses them for a second. Confusion causes abilities to cost 100% more mana and lowers hero speed. Stun can be useful if you’re up against a lot of melee heroes, or if you’re trying to keep them from clumping up.
- Purify (Lv15) removes all debuffs and disables from you and grants you immunity to them for 2 seconds. Your movement speed also goes up by 30%. Purify can be a real life saver when timed correctly; it is a must have for the squishier heroes.
- Flicker (Lv19) warps you a short distance in a direction you choose. For a second after the warp, disables have their duration reduced by 50%. Flicker is the quintessential playmaking ability! When used right, you can initiate and get the jump on the enemy, hopefully taking them out before they have time to react.
All abilities are useful in a way, so don’t be afraid to experiment and try those that aren’t listed here.
3. Choose your favorite!
Before trying to learn all of the heroes, we recommend buckling down and getting really good at one hero. Don’t know who to try? Pick one based on your favorite playstyle!
- Tank heroes excel at being the first to the fight. They rush in, protecting their fragile backline team mates. Tank heroes have high HP and resistances, and they often have mitigation and crowd control (stuns, slows, etc) abilities. They do not do much damage on their own, so don’t expect to takedown enemies.
- Fighter heroes are physical melee attackers. While not quite as beefy as tank heroes, they can definitely hold their own as they get in up close and personal. These heroes often have ways to initiate fights, and abilities that enhance their natural attack power to sustain lots of damage.
- Assassin heroes are extremely deadly! Assassins have high cost, high cooldown abilities… that do massive damage! They are masters at burst damage, where they go in, do as much damage as they can, and get out as fast as possible. With low HP and low resistances, they’re very much high risk/high reward!
- Mage heroes are magic ranged attackers that rely on their magic abilities. Mages’ abilities scale off of magic power, so make sure you choose the right emblem set. They excel at staying behind the rest of their team firing off abilities to chip away at enemies.
- Marksman heroes are physical ranged attackers. While they have decent damaging abilities, these heroes mostly rely on fast auto attacks. Try to practice “stutterstepping” with these heroes. That is, auto attack then run back. Rinse and repeat to keep melee heroes away from you.
- Support heroes help their team mates perform their best. As of now, there is only one support hero: Rafaela. She can heal her team mates, slow, and stun enemies. Support heroes aren’t a threat on their own, but when paired with a teammate they become a force to be reckoned with.
More heroes are being added to the game, so be sure to try them all! Eventually you’ll want to master at least one of each type of hero, so get to practicing!
That’s all for Mobile Legends. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, let us know in the comments below!