VainGlory, the MOBA developed by Super Evil Megacorp now available on the App Store, has received plenty of updates in the past few months, adding new heroes and features that made the experience more enjoyable for all. Today another update is now live for the game, an update which adds even more features and tweaks.
The biggest new addition of the new VainGlory update is the new hero Phinn, a powerful tank who’s able to absorb immense ammounts of damage. Other additions include new skins, new featureas and more.
Here are the full patch notes for the new VainGlory update.
NEW HERO: PHINN!
Phinn is an unstoppable tank who brings the fight to him. He pairs incredibly well with other heroes who don’t back down from battle. Phinn is strongest with defense and utility items, and he’s able to absorb immense amounts of punishment, protecting teammates while they dish out damage.
Unstoppable (Heroic Perk)
Phinn cannot be stopped. All movement-impairing effects are instead reduced to moderate slows. He even shrugs off most damage through passively gaining additional armor, shield and max health from items and effects.
Phinn slams his anchor down on a neighboring location, heavily slowing enemies. Overdrive: This upgrades the slow into a stun!
Polite Company (B)
Phinn stomps the earth, dealing crystal damage to all enemies in a wide area and launching them toward him. The effect reverberates around allies, granting them a barrier along with bonus armor and shield for the next few seconds. Overdrive: Makes enemies travel farther toward Phinn upon stomp.
Forced Accord (Ultimate)
Phinn throws his anchor in a direction. After the anchor reaches its destination he yanks it back, damaging all enemies in its path and pulling them back to him. If Phinn doesn’t pull any enemies, a percentage of the cooldown is refunded.
AUTUMN SEASON 2015 BEGINS!
– Play on a new Halcyon Fold seasonal map skin!
– Unlock limited-edition seasonal Celeste & Petal skins in the Market. (Available only in this update! Ends around Halloween.)
– “Season 0” trophy archived in your Trophy Room.
– Play Ranked to earn your Autumn trophy and prepare for future rewards.
– Official Autumn eSports calendar announced! Details in News.
TEAMS & GUILDS ARE HERE
– Create or join one guild, which contains 20-50 players.
– Guilds will have special rewards based on dedication and participation.
– Create or join one team, which contains up to six players.
– Teams will have special rewards based on competition and wins and qualify teams for major tournaments.
– Adds Shiro Kage Taka Tier II
– Adds Death Metal Krul Tier II
LATEST HERO, ITEM BALANCE & GAMEPLAY CHANGES
– Check the in-game News section for details.
– Includes: Infusion changes, Taka changes a full Petal abilities rework and much more!
– Significant performance improvements!
– Fixed various UI bugs with Party Mode.
– Fixed co-op dodgers not getting punished.
– Fixed match dodge punishment sometimes not working in Hero Select.
– Fixed issue with Karma being affected by non-public matches and matches with friends.
VainGlory is now available for download for free on the App Store.