Effects can strengthen or weaken the player. With the help of effects, you can get a wide variety of benefits, for example, fast movement speed, double jump, or invisibility. Effects can be obtained from consuming potions, using arrows, eating food, interacting with mobs, using a beacon, and in some other ways. In this guide, we will talk about the effects of potions in Minecraft.
All the Potions in Minecraft and Their Effects 2021 (Caves and Cliffs Update)
- Speed. Expands the field of view and increases surface movement speed by 20% per level. Can be obtained with a swiftness potion.
- Slowdown. Narrows the field of view and reduces the speed of movement on the surface by 15% per level. Can be obtained with a slowness potion.
- Damage. Increases the damage of all melee attacks by 3 per level. Can be obtained with a Strength Potion.
- Healing. Instantly restores health (if imposed on time, then every tick), doubles the healing for each level. Can be obtained with a Healing Potion.
- Instant damage. Deals damage (if imposed on time, then every 10 ticks), doubles the damage for each level. Can be obtained with a Harming potion.
- Jumping ability. Increases jump height, decreases fall damage per level. Can be obtained with the Leaping Potion.
- Regeneration. Restores health every 50 ticks, the interval is halved per level. The effect is given by a Potion of Regeneration.
- Fire resistance. Makes the player immune to fire and lava, since version 1.16 increases the field of view in lava. The effect is granted by a potion of fire resistance.
- Underwater breathing. The amount of air does not decrease underwater, improves visibility underwater. The effect is given by a Water Breathing potion.
- Invisibility. Makes the player model invisible. Mobs do not notice the invisible player until he attacks them himself. The armor does not become invisible. The effect is given by a potion of invisibility.
- Night vision. Increases brightness and improves visibility in the water. The effect is given by a potion of night vision.
- Weakness. Decreases attack power per level. The effect is given by a potion of weakness.
- Poisoning. Deals damage every 25 ticks, but does not kill, leaving 1 unit of health. The interval is halved per level. The health indicator turns green. The effect is given by a potion of poison.
- Luck. Increases fishing skills. The effect is given by a potion of luck.
- Slow fall. Allows the player to fall more slowly than usual and not take fall damage. The effect is given by a potion of slow falling.
This was the list of all the potion effects currently available in Minecraft. While you are here, make sure to check how to make a big map in Minecraft.