In Lapse: A Forgotten Future, you play as the president of a nation struggling in a post-apocalyptic setting. Here you are tasked to manage all of the nation’s categories: nature (marked by the plant), people (the human silhouette), military force (the gun), and money (the dollar sign). And we have a complete Lapse guide to take you through all the important steps and help you rule for years!
First and foremost, this game’s objective is to keep you within normal limits. If either one of the meters is too low or too high, you will be dethroned (or killed, to say it bluntly).
Secondly, the game itself could be either very easy or very hard; it all depends on your choices. Nonetheless, it IS doable either way. My goal here is to show you some Lapse: A Forgotten Future tips and tricks that I’ve got up my sleeve to help you rule for a long time and unlock content in the game.
The game is a constant back and forth, swipe left or swipe right, and in your struggle to keep everybody happy, you will deal with plenty of characters; some human, some… less human. The decisions you make affect this whole post-apocalyptic world and its future (no, really!).
If you think that you only meet a character once and you don’t pay much attention to the decision you made, it could affect your whole future game. Kind of like a butterfly effect. So make sure you keep a cool head and an eye open for detail.
All of your choices – or at least many of them – can come back and haunt you. Know what choices you make and try to remember those decisions to continue on the same route in the future, should it be needed. That’s what good rulers should do!
Grab that cup of tea!
When your servant asks if you’re willing to have a cup of tea with her, she will usually ask to bring a friend too.
That friend is the Creator (the actual game creator) and he will give you an oracle in exchange for watching an ad. If you don’t mind watching the ad, the oracle is very useful throughout the game – so make sure you accept it!
Read Also: Goddess of Victory: NIKKE Review
Lasting effects and little helpers
Those effects are located right below the meters indicating your stats. They usually save you from losing the game too quickly through an unexpected decline in either stat.
The oracle, in case you receive it, is also located here. You can find more about the oracle in the screenshot below.
Shop ’till you drop
The game features a store where you can purchase some boosts. If you’ve had enough dealing with people’s requests and you want to get through the game more easily, you could check out the shop where you can get the famous oracle to help you in your decisions, extra heart to help you escape a premature death, or the four leaf clover for good luck.
If you are an achievement junkie, this game offers you plenty to go for. The best part about it, if you keep playing it, you will notice something interesting.
Even if you fail in your reign and you start over, some characters might remember your past decisions. Hmmm… interesting, right?
Well, that’s not all. The game starts off in 2075. You play, your reign ends, you start over. This time it’s year 2077. So if your goal is to reach the big surprise at the end, you should keep aiming to unlock those achievements because it’s well worth it!
Additional tips & tricks for Lapse on mobile
– You should help Researcher Kumiyo. She will help you construct a time machine
– Activating the Oracle allows you to see how your choices affect the stats. You obtain the oracle randomly, by accepting someone’s offer to give you an item
– Help the priest. By allowing him to build more religious buildings, it will lower the chance of people rebelling against you.
– Always accept this: “Sometimes it is good to clean even what is not directly under your eyes” – Alien. This will boost all four stats positively.
– When the Alien shows up with a random riddle, if that riddle affects all four stats, accept it. It usually is positive (swipe right).
– If you learn about Governor Armstrong talking to the captive Alien, pursue the Governor into showing his real form.
– When you are offered to allow the Emergency fund, say yes. It will keep you covered in case of bankruptcy.
– When the army General offers you to build secret military bases, accept the offer. It will keep you safe if the army fails.
– When you start the game, you start in year 2075. Whenever you lose or start over, the years add up.
– If you learn about a large oil field, always respond with “The country is rich!”. It will boost all four stats.
– If you learn about a man claiming to be the President, bring him to you, to speak face to face. It will unlock an achievement.
– If you find your phone acting up, try to learn about it as much as possible :)
– If given the opportunity by the Director of Intelligence Moore, invest in “Foxhound”, an elite Task Force that secures the nation against inside threats.
– When Chef Mario wants to know if he stands a chance against the General, say yes, this will improve the “human” meter.
– If you are into mysteries and symbolism you will notice that many characters have a thing for 2150. When you put all the pieces together you will discover something interesting.
– If one of your effects or buildings is not used for 2 – 4 years, it will disappear from the game and it will have to be earned once more.
– People tend to try and give you advice; when possible, try to listen to them and unlock all sorts of characters and stories (I bet you didn’t believe Time was an actual character).
– The game has 24 characters. The longer you play, the more of them you will discover (some unexpected ones, too). Our complete characters guide will help you keep track of all of them!
These are our Lapse: A Forgotten Future tips and tricks, we hope you found them really useful. If you have additional questions or advice to offer, please do so by commenting below.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!