KOF 98: UM OL aka KOF 98 Ultimate Match Online aka King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Online is not an underground rapper. No, it’s actually a really solid, intense and addictive RPG game for mobile platforms. And we’re going to talk about it today! More exactly, we’re going to share with you some KOF 98 UM OL cheats and tips which will help you get the most from this feature-filled game.
There’s indeed a ton of stuff you can do in the game and you can easily miss some obvious goodies if you don’t have a solid overview of what it has to offer. We’re going to help with that and hopefully more with our KOF 98 Ultimate Match Online tips and tricks below!
1. First thing to do: Enhance Skills
Skill points max out at 20 and, especially early on, you will have to spend a ton of those in order to improve the stats of your fighters. So the first thing to do as soon as you log in to the game is to upgrade the Skills. By the time you’re done with everything else, you’ll have several more skill points to spend.
Always do your best to keep the skills of your Heroes (main Fighters in your team especially) at maximum level in order to have them as strong as possible.
2. Collect all the crazy bonuses
I don’t think that there are many other games out there that offer anything close to the amount of freebies that KOF 98 Ultimate Match Online does. There are always tons of Events, Gifts, Special Rewards and so on that you can collect. So make sure that you take advantage of them all and never waste any.
Basically, all you have to do is to tap all the icons in the game that have a red dot on them. If you somehow hid the plethora of icons, tap the yellow arrows under your player photo and enjoy the goodies. There are some rewards that get refilled and can be collected multiple times per day, as well as other goodies that you can unlock while playing. Always keep an eye after red dots!
3. Join an active Club
Being part of an active Club comes with a ton of advantages. The more things the club has unlocked, the more goodies you will get. Also, you can spend your tokens in the Club’s store and grab even more goodies, including pieces for Fighters you have or you want to unlock.
4. How to unlock more Fighters
Fortunately, we have a ton of options here as well. In order to unlock more fighters, simply playing the game will do the trick in most cases. You get rewards for logging in multiple times per month, as well as rewards for completing missions and Events. There are many ways to get it, but here are some of the more common:
– Various stores: you can purchase pieces to unlock or upgrade fighters based on your performance in different areas in the game (Arena, Club, Challenges). My suggestion is to always hoard tokens and only spend them for getting Fighter shards. This could be considered the main way to unlock more Fighters for free
– Complete Elite battles: there’s a limited amount of these per day and you should always start with them because you will win extra Fighter shards. Raid for faster results and focus on the Hero you want to unlock/upgrade
– Different Events: Keep an eye on those as well since there will always be events rewarding you with Fighter shards in the game.
5. Setting up the perfect team
Early on, you can’t be very picky when it comes to the team you have in KOF 98 Ultimate Match Online, but later on as you unlock more fighters, you have to be picky. There are a few important things to consider when it comes to setting up the perfect team:
– Fighters’ Fate: this is unlocked for having various fighters in the team. These are all extremely varied, but offer nice bonuses. So definitely keep an eye on them and have them in mind when deciding on your team
– Team composition: you can’t go with a team full of Tanks, nor with a team without a Healer (in most cases). Find out what’s the best composition (I recommend trying 2 Tanks, 1 Healer and 3 Damage Dealers – or you can go without a Healer for most regular fights)
– Fighter’s abilities and skills: Each fighter has different skills and abilities. The ultimate move is extremely important here, so make sure that you select those with the most devastating Ultimate moves.
– Fighters’ rarity: The rarer the fighter, the better their stats and overall performance – this is the general rule of thumb. So always try to prioritize your rarer fighters and work on keeping them at max levels.
6. Battle Tips
When it comes to winning battles, in most cases the Auto option does a really good job. But for those trickier battles, you should control the fight manually in order to have an actual strategy and maximize damage dealt. Here is what you should keep in mind in order to win more battles in this mobile game:
– Go with skill attacks first: This way, you make sure that at least the first attack on that specific target is a special skill and will deal more damage or be somewhat special (you don’t know which of the special skills will be used, though)
– Ultimate attacks before anything: Of course, if you already have Ultimate attacks unlocked, that is what you should start with in most cases, because after an Ultimate attack, your fighters can still perform regular ones (but not vice-versa). There are some occasions where you should micromanage your Ultimate attacks: when going for the Challenge and in more difficult battles. Use the Ultimates when they matter the most!
– Killing rage: When an opponent is destroyed, the character who deals the final damage gets some extra rage in return. Keep this in mind as well in order to micromanage the Rage meter for Ultimate attacks and always have your favorite fighters with a full or almost full meter.
These would be our tips and tricks for KOF 98 Ultimate Match Online right now. If you have other strategies and suggestions for fellow players, don’t hesitate to share them with us in the comment section below!