In one of the previous patch updates, Activision rolled out controller support for its renowned mobile title, Call of Duty: Mobile. Prior to the release of the update, fans were strongly requesting the controller support, and prioritizing their feedbacks, the developers have introduced the support for DUALSHOCK®4 PlayStation® 4 and official Xbox One controllers.
Activision has also made it clear that “Additional controller support may be available in future updates, but for now, players using a non-supported controller may experience issues with functionality.”
Here are the steps to play Call of Duty: Mobile using PS4 and Xbox controller:
- Enable the pairing option on your controller.
- Turn on Bluetooth connectivity on your smartphone.
- Locate the ‘wireless controller‘ within the Bluetooth settings.
- Open Call of Duty: Mobile and enable “Allow to use controller” in the Controller settings menu.
- Tweak the setting according to your comfort and you’re ready to play.
Note: Hold the Share and PS button at the same time on a PS4 controller, or the Xbox and sync button on an Xbox One controller to enable the pairing option.
That’s all you have to do to play Call of Duty: Mobile using a controller. As mentioned earlier, gamers can customize various settings by navigating to the ‘controllers’ tab in the settings menu. The list of settings includes modification of the sensitivity, flipping of triggers with bumpers, and more.
As per Activision, players using controllers will be matched against other controllers players in order to deliver fair gameplay.