Roblox is a popular online game that gives players the chance to play or create games and communities. It is one of the world’s most popular games, especially with kids, and can be run on basically any platform. Roblox is currently available to download and play on Playstation, Xbox, PC, and Mac, iPhone and Android. Some players have run into update issues on the Mac so we are here to help. Find out below how to update Roblox on Mac!
Updating Roblox on Mac
Follow the steps below to update your Roblox app on your Mac:
- Restart the Mac – sometimes our Macbooks or iMacs can develop a little bug that needs a quick restart to fix. Try restarting your Mac first before anything else, then when you log back in you can see if the update will work.
- Update the Mac – other times your Mac itself will require an update. Make sure your machine is updated with the latest OS before attempting to update any apps.
- Check who is the Administrator – if you are logged in on a child’s account they may not have the ability to update the game as they may not have admin privileges. If this is the case, log in as administrator and attempt to update it.
- Use the browser instead of the app – it may be worth trying to run Roblox via the web instead of the app. This should then automatically update the game for you.
- Try a different browser – it may be that the browser you are using to run the game has its own issues so try to run it from an alternative browser and see if it updates and runs successfully. That way you will know it is a temporary issue with the browser you were using.
- Uninstall and reinstall – as a last resort you could uninstall the app and reinstall it. Drag the app from the Applications folder to the Bin and then click Empty Bin. The app will be deleted. Now you can visit the Roblox website and redownload the app and log in as usual.
Related: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 264
Related: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 280
Uninstalling and reinstalling may be annoying but it will not delete any of your progress. Roblox stores all data and when you log back in you will be able to access everything as normal.
We hope those tips have helped you solve the issue of updating Roblox! Next up, why not see what Roblox Account Manager is and how to use it? Have fun!