Garena Free Fire is a widely popular battle royale game explicitly designed for Android and iOS devices. Since its release, the title has garnered over 500 Million downloads, followed by an overall rating of 4.1 stars.
To keep the players glued to the game, Garena keeps introducing fresh updates for the game, and that’s why the game has been dominating the mobile gaming market. Apart from this, whenever the developers roll out a new update, the players must keep the Free Fire updated to the latest version.
While there are many ways to do so, we’ll guide you through the most prominent ones to update Garena Free Fire.
How to update Garena Free Fire on Android and iOS devices
Before you begin, make sure your smartphone has enough free storage space to accommodate the latest update. Also, make sure you have a strong internet connection to avoid any network error during update.
Steps to update Garena Free Fire on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your phone.
- Search ‘Free Fire’ in the search bar.
- Click on the first result and hit the update button.
- Wait for a while until the download completes.
- Once the download is finished, open Free Fire and log in to your account.
Steps to update Garena Free Fire on iOS:
- Go to the Apple store on your iOS device.
- Search for ‘Free Fire’ or click here to redirect directly to the download page.
- Open the topmost result and tap the update button.
- It will take a while to download and install Free Fire’s latest update.
- Once it completes, log in to your account to enjoy the new version of the game.
Update Garena Free Fire via Sideloading
If none of the above methods work for you, then make your device meets the minimum requirements to run the game. If it suffices the requirements, it’s recommended for the players to sideload the latest version.
- Download the APK and OBB files of the Free Fire’s latest version.
- Install the APK file first by navigating to the file manager.
- If you haven’t enabled the installation of apps from unknown sources, then do it by navigating to settings > safety, and privacy > Install apps from Unknown Sources.
- Once the APK file is installed, move the OBB file to Android > OBB > com.dts.freefireth
- Launch the game and log in to your Free Fire account to experience the latest features.
Related: Best guns in Garena Free Fire
It’s important to note that this method only works for Android devices. If the APK file shows Parsing the Package error, redownload the file and follow the same process again.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!