There is just something special about catching them all in Japanese video games, Advance Wars included. And by them, we mean all the characters, not all fantastic creatures that can fit into little balls—that’s a different game.
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp is the updated version of beloved Game Boy Advance games from the beginning of the millennium, and it features a bunch of characters that you collect as you progress through the main campaign. In this article, we show you how to unlock every character in Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp leave-no-stone-unturned style.
Related: All Changes in Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
How to Unlock Every Character in Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp
You unlock characters in Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp by defeating them for the last time in story missions. Regardless of when they show up first, you will be able to add them to your team only when the story gets you to the final standoff between you and the character in question.
Here, we bring you the overview of all characters in Advance Wars 1 of the Re-Boot Camp and when you can unlock them:
- Grit: win in History Lesson! (Mission 10)
- Kanbei: win in Kanbei’s Error? (Mission 14)
- Sonja: win in Sonja’s Goal! (Mission 17)
- Eagle: win in Wings of Victory! (Mission 20) with any character
- Drake: win Battle Mystery! (Mission 21)
- Clone Andy: beat Sturm in The Final Battle (Mission 24)
- Nell: beat every mission in Advance Wars 1
The list below shows you how to unlock all characters in Advance Wars 2 in the reboot version:
- Flak: finish Liberation (Mission 8)
- Colin: beat Two-Week Test (Mission 14)
- Lash: finish Factory Blues (Mission 16)
- Sensei: beat Foul Play (Mission 23)
- Adder: finish The Hunt’s End (Mission 24)
- Jess: beat Sinking Feeling (Mission 27) and Rain of Fire (Mission 31)
- Hawke: finish Great Sea Battle (Mission 32)
- Sturm: complete the campaign by finishing Final Front (Mission 34)
- Hachi: beat all missions in Advance Wars 2
The great news is that you don’t need to play on Hard to unlock any characters—just make sure to finish both campaigns.
Let us know if you have difficulties with getting any of these and feel free to explore the rest of our dedicated Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp section for more helpful guides.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!