FPS is very important in video games. The more of them you have, the smoother the game runs. Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer survival horror game, and in games like this, a larger amount of FPS makes your playing experience more comfortable. However, there is an FPS cap that won’t allow you to have more FPS than it sets, even if your PC performance is good enough to run the game with higher FPS numbers. In this case, we’ve got you covered. This guide will tell you how to remove the FPS cap in Dead by Daylight.
How to Remove the FPS Cap
The FPS cap in Dead by Daylight may be annoying for those who have a powerful PC. If you feel that your computer is able to run the game with 100+ FPS, then you may be interested in removing the FPS cap. To do this, you just need to follow a few steps. However, you won’t need to do anything in the game’s menu, as its config files are the only thing we are going to change. To remove the FPS cap, you will need to do the following:
- Open the next folder: Local Disc (C:) / Users / “Your user name” / AppData / Local / DeadByDaylight / Saved / Config / WindowsNoEditor
- Open the Engine config file
- Copy-paste the lines below:
- Open the properties tab of the Engine config file
- Make sure it has Read-Only Attributes
- Open the GameUserSetting config file
- Change the line [bUseVSync=True] for [bUseVSync=False]
- Make sure it has Read-Only Attributes as well
After making these tweaks, you should be able to enjoy your game with a higher FPS.