So you wanna play Fortnite on a laptop, but aren’t sure if it will work on a device like the Chromebook? Well, lucky for you, it sure will!
Read on to find out the methods to playing Fortnite on a Chromebook!
How to Play Fortnite on Chromebook
There are 2 major methods you can use to run and play Fortnite on your Chromebook:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Hold ESC and F3, press the power button.
- Once the recovery screen opens, press CTRL+D.
- Enable Android apps.
- Go to settings.
- Click on Play Store.
- Click on Manage Android Preferences.
- Click on Security.
- Click on Unknown Sources.
- Download a Fortnite apk on your Android phone.
- Get the apk on your Chromebook.
- Run the EpicGamesApp.apk on your Chromebook.
- Click on Package Installer.
- Click on Install.
- Click Open.
- Click on Install again.
- Finish the installation.
This should let you run and play Fortnite on your Chromebook now.
- Visit https://play.geforcenow.com/
- Log in, or Register for free.
- Type in ‘Fortnite’ in the search bar.
- Select Fortnite.
- Press play.
- Link your Epic Games account.
- Access the game through you Nvidia games collection.
Fair warning though: even though this is the simpler method, when using a free GeForce account, you will only get 1 hour of playing time before you’ll need to re-launch the session.
This means that you will need to carefully time your matches, or you can be kicked during a match as well. Then again, you can pay $100 for a year of unlimited access to GeForce Now, but that is a steep price.
Opt for whichever method suits you the best. Or, you know… play Fortnite on a PC.