A lot of players have been wondering how to pet their Pokemon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. The latest update of Pokemon BDSP seems to have opened up new ways of bonding with your Pokemon.
Petting Pokemon is a rather old mechanic that was present in some older Pokemon games. In Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Pokemon demanding to be petted seems to be quite noticeable.
Pokemon BDSP: How to Pet Your Pokemon
While you are in the game, you will see an alert that your Pokemon wants to be petted. This is a clear indicator of a growing friendship between you and your Pokemon. However, as much as you want to pet your pal, you cannot actually perform the action in the game.
The whole ‘Your Pokemon Wants to be Petted’ notification is just a way to tell that your friendship level with your Pokemon is increasing.
How to Increase Friendship Level in Pokemon BDSP
Here are a few ways to surge your friendship level with your Pokemon:
- Walking – A surefire way of increasing friendship level is to take a walk with your Pokemon.
- Massage – Treat your Pokemon to a massage in a gym
- Vitamins – Treat your Pokemon with Zinc, Calcium, Protein, and Iron.
- Party – Place the Pokemon you want to increase friendship with at the top of the party.
- Soothe Bell – This is the easiest way to double up the happiness of your Pokemon.
- Battling – If you win the battle, your friendship with your Pokemon will add up. But if you lose, it will have the opposite effect.
Related: Pokemon BDSP Update 1.1.3: Patch Notes and More Info
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!