The Sims 4 is still as popular today as it was when it first arrived in 2014, a lot due to its ever-growing list of expansion packs and fun mods. And one particular mod that players have been asking about recently is a mod that allows your Sims to experiment with drugs. If you’re curious as to how it works, check out our guide below to find out how to install The Sims 4 Drug mod.
Related | Best The Sims 4 mods
Installing the Drug mod in The Sims 4
Follow the steps below to download and install the Basemental Drugs Mod for The Sims 4. You may have to verify that you are 21 or over by clicking the verify button when it pops up.
- Visit Basementalcc.com;
- Hover cursor over Adult Mods;
- Select the option “Basemental Drugs” from the drop-down menu;
- Click “download ZIP”;
- Go to your Documents folder;
- Click “Electronic Arts”;
- Click “The Sims 4”;
- Click “Mods”;
- Right-click and create a New Folder;
- Label the new folder “Drugs,” or whatever you want to name it;
- Drag the downloaded ZIP file to the Desktop;
- Right-click on ZIP file and select “Extract All”;
- Click “Browse”;
- Find your new “Drugs” folder (Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods>Drugs);
- Click “Select Folder”;
- Click “Extract”;
- Right-click “Optional Packages”;
- Select “Open in New Window”;
- Highlight and drag all files from Optional Packages into your Drugs folder;
- Delete empty Optional Packages file.
Related | How to get more Trait slots in The Sims 4
Your drugs mod should now be in The Sims 4 when you load up. To ensure the mods are working in the game, go to Settings > Game Options > Other and make sure Script Mods Allowed and Enable Custom Content and Mods are selected.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!