Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
The Soulsborne games are known for their difficulty level, and Elden Ring is no exception. Each location has its own level of difficulty, some being less difficult than the rest. Some specific locations have different NPCs in the game that can influence the way the rest of the story goes upon meeting them, provided the player takes the time to complete their quests, as some quests lead to specific endings in the game.
Today we will be talking about one of the six endings in the game, The Lord of Frenzied Flame.
Lord of Frenzied Flame
The Lord of Frenzied Flame ending is considered to be one of the bad endings in Elden Ring, if not the worst morally. This ending takes players through the Subterranean Shunning Grounds to find the Three Fingers. After finishing this sequence of events, to access the ending, players will have to finish the game first.
These are the steps needed to be followed in order to unlock the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending:
- Progress the game’s story till Leyndell, Royal Capital.
- Go to the lower levels of Leyndell till players come across an abandoned well with a ladder leading downwards.
- Proceed down this ladder to access the Subterranean Shunning Grounds.
- Progress through this area, opening doors along the way till players finally make their way to the boss.
- Defeat Mohg, the Omen, and hit the altar behind the chest in the boss room.
- This opens a hidden area that players will have to carefully navigate platforms through to reach the bottom level, where the ground breaks through and they gain access to a hidden chamber.
- Remove all weapons and armor to be granted access to the chamber. Enter it and meet the Three Fingers. Let the cutscene play out to be locked into the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.
When the time comes to choose an ending at the end, simply touch the fractured remains of Marika and watch the ensuing cutscene to the Lord of Frenzied Flame ending.