Elden Ring is an open-world action role-playing developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment.
Just like Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Sekiro, and the Dark Souls series, Elden Ring was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki. The caveat here is that the game was made in collaboration with the award-winning fantasy novelist and source material creator for the highly popular Game of Thrones television show, George R. R. Martin, who provided a lot of source material for the game’s setting.
Elden Ring was released for Microsoft Windows, Steam Deck, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022.
The Soulsborne games are known for their difficulty level, and Elden Ring is no exception. Each location has its own level of difficulty, some being less difficult than the rest. Some specific locations have different NPCs in the game that can influence the way the rest of the story goes upon meeting them, provided the player takes the time to complete their quests, as some quests lead to specific endings in the game.
Today we will be talking about one of the six endings in the game, The Age of Stars.
Age of Stars
The Age of Stars ending is considered to be one of the good endings in Elden Ring, if not the best morally. This ending takes players through Ranni’s quest all the way to the end. Once Ranni’s quest is complete, to access the ending, players will have to finish the game first.
These are the steps needed to be followed in order to unlock the Age of Stars ending:
- Start Ranni’s quest in Ranni’s Rise, meeting Blaidd, Iji, and Seluvis.
- Defeat Starscourge Radahn and open the path to Nokron, Eternal City.
- Explore Nokron till the Fingerslayer Blade is obtained.
- Give the Blade back to Ranni and she will provide the Carian Inverted Statue.
- Use the Statue in the Carian Study Hall in order to access the Divine Tower of Liurnia and acquire the Cursemark of Death.
- Access Renna’s Rise, which should now be open, and use the waypoint.
- Players will be teleported to Ainsel River Main where they can interact with a miniature Ranni.
- Defeat Blaidd’s Shadow in Nokstella, Eternal City, right before the Lake of Rot.
- Defeat Astel, Naturalborn of the Void in order to gain access to the lift which takes players to Southern Liurnia’s plateau area.
- In order to unlock the lift, unlock the chest in Rennala’s room to acquire the Dark Moon Ring.
- Proceed to the Church on the plateau and go underground to find Ranni. Place the Ring on her finger to acquire the Dark Moon Greatsword and finish the quest.
When the time comes to choose an ending at the end, simply summon Ranni and watch the ensuing cutscene to the Age of Stars ending.