Very often, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl kept the legendary Pokemon locked behind certain events. The pattern to claim these Pokemon went as such: you had to get special event items, and then these items would unlock specific rare regions where you could catch legendary Pokemon.
Thanks to a glitch, you can now catch the legendary Shaymin Pokemon without a circuitous event. Here’s a quick rundown on the steps you need to take to catch Shaymin.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: How to Get Shaymin
Before you get too excited, there’s a catch. You first need to fulfill three requirements to get Shaymin. Here’s what you need to do:
- Have the National Dex. You can get this by registering all the Sinnoh Pokemon.
- You need access to Route 224. It’s located towards the east of Victory Road.
- If you have defeated Black Belt Carl, you cannot get Shaymin.
If you have checked all of the above boxes, we can progress. Here’s what to do:
- Start walking down Route 224, where you’ll come across Trainer Black Belt Carl. Ignore him and keep walking forward. You have to fight the three trainers that come after Black Belt Carl.
- After you have battled those three trainers, hit the save button and save your game. We do this because you want Carl to fight you in a very special location.
- Now, you have to stand on the shore, face the waters, and wait till Carl approaches you. As soon as Carl comes in, start tapping the A button.
- Beating Carl should spawn a surf prompt. If you don’t see the surf, save the game and try again.
- Surf past Carl, surf past the Dragon Tamer Trainer, and stop near the stairs. Now approach the staircase and move left. Your character will be submerged in the grass a bit. Save the game at this point and launch it again. Your character will now seem to hover.
- Save and quit again. Lauch the game and your character should be surfing on top of the stairs. Surf past the trees and rocks. At this point you can unmount and start walking on the water.
- Keep walking to your upward-right until you cannot move any farther. Turn right and start surfing. If the screen tells you that you’ve entered Seabreak Path, keep going!
- Tilt right while surfing, turn towards north, and dismount. Walk further until you reach Flower Paradise.
- When you spot Shaymin, walk up to the Pokemon and save the game. Relaunch the game and catch Shaymin!