Ever since the release of Pokemon Yellow, some of the very first generation of Pokemon fans have been wanting the feature of having your Pokemon following you to return to the mainline series games.
Players did get what they asked for in the Generation 2 remakes, Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and then in the Pokemon Let’s Go games. Bringing the feature back another time are the remakes of the Generation 4 games, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
But you won’t get your Pokemon to follow you in the overworld until you’re progressed a bit into the game…
Where Can You Get Your Pokemon to Follow You in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?
To unlock the following feature for your Pokemon, you need to play through the game until you reach Hearthome City. When you reach it, go through the steps listed below:
- Keep heading upwards till you reach the northwest corner of the city.
- Here, you will spot Amity Square; enter it.
- Inside, you will be allowed to walk a Pokemon, but they need to be “cute.”
- Make sure you have a Pokemon like Pikachu, your Starter, or similar cute Pokemon.
- Walk through the park with them.
- Exit the park.
Guess what? You’ve now unlocked the ability to walk with any of your Pokemon! All you need to do is go to the Pokemon Selection Screen and select the ‘Walk Together’ option on the Pokemon you want to follow you!
And that’s all you need to know on how to get Pokemon to follow you in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl!