Welcome back roller coaster enthusiasts! We’re back with another guide for RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch! Today we’ll be going over the different ways you can earn the premium currency, tickets. There’s a lot of work to be done and most of it is just grinding it out, so let’s get started with our guide on how to get more tickets in RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch!
The main method of earning tickets is through the game’s achievement system. The achievements are broken up into two categories: Park and Coasters. The park achievements are directly tied to your park’s main progress, and they will be naturally unlocked as your play through the game. The main trophies to get are…
- Enterpreneur Value. The more your rides and shops are upgraded, the higher your park’s total value will go up. Keep opening card packs to get the dupes you need to upgrade your buildings!
- Good Spender. This one is tied to how many coins you’ve spent since you’ve started the game. Like most of them, you’ll get this achievement naturally by just developing your park. One thing to note: you need to spend a lot of coins to get the later tiers of it, so don’t think too hard about what you want to upgrade next.
- Serious Profits. You’ll need to rack up a ton of coins to earn this achievement. The coins you need for the later tiers of this achievement are easily double the amount of what you need for the Good Spender achievements, which means you’ll need to be on the ball about collecting your profits!
Some of the achievements that you might need to go out of your way to get include:
- Golden Bathrooms. Ever wanted to use a golden bathroom? This achievement requires you to have a grand total of twelve bathrooms placed on your park at once. You can never have too many bathrooms to start throwing them down!
- Gardener. This achievement requires you to have at least 34 rides have a decoration value over 75%. This sounds a little daunting at first but keep in mind the trophies you get for completing certain achievements. These trophies have a large radius of 6 tiles and give 8 decoration bonus. If you stack enough of these you should have no problem reaching the decoration value.
The coaster achievements are handled a little differently. Every time you reach a certain milestone in a coaster stat, you’ll earn an achievement. There’s one for intensity, excitement, and of course nausea. There’s also one for having a coaster that exceeds a certain length.
- A coaster’s stats are directly influenced by the level of your track card. The station, train and lift cards only affect coin storage, maximum peep load, and durability respectively. Focus on upgrading the tracks card!
- Special Inserts are pre-built segments that you can add onto your coaster. These inserts have their own stats and are compounded by your total track design. Try to include as many special inserts as you can without going over the track limit.
- According to the in-game manual, there’s actually a complex process that determines your coaster’s final stats. There also seems to be a specific way to build coasters depending on what theme you’re using. For Wooden and Hyper coasters, your track will need to have a lot of bunny hops in it. For Steel and Inverted coasters, they benefit the most from special inserts and general inversion. The Accelerator coaster should be fast and short. Winged and Inverted coasters benefit from a balanced design with an equal amount of drops, speed, height, and turns.
Keep building crazy coasters that fit those categories and soon you’ll be able to claim the achievement rewards. Make sure to level up your track and special insert cards too!
That’s all for RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch. If you’ve got any other tips or earning tickets, let us know in the comments below!