When Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl released last month, they came with a fair share of glitches that allowed players to do things not normally possible, such as duplicating Pokemon. Version 1.1.2 fixed most of these glitches, including the duplication glitch, so those who wanted to continue using them to their advantage had no choice but to not update the games.
Now, a new duplication glitch has been discovered in version 1.1.2. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
How to Duplicate Pokemon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl Version 1.1.2
The new Duplication Glitch available in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond And Shining Pearl version 1.1.2 requires you to have the Fly ability and, obviously, a box of Pokemon you want to clone. Here are all the steps to follow to take advantage of the glitch.
- Place the Fly ability in the top right corner of Hidden Moves in your Poketch.
- Head to any Pokemon Center in the game and stop at its front.
- Press R and A at the same time to access the Fly menu and enter the Pokemon Center at the same time. You may need to do this multiple times for the Fly menu to come up.
- While in the Fly menu, press up two times on the directional pad and then right six times. This is to go down the escalator in the Pokemon Center while in the Fly menu.
- Go back up the escalator by pressing right once, left five times and then down two on the directional pad. This will bring you out of the Pokemon Center while you are still in the Fly menu.
- In the Fly menu, choose any city then press A, wait for a very short while, press X and A again. The game will freeze if you mistime your button presses, so beware.
- Enter any house, go into the box, pick a Pokemon and then press A and then X to open a second menu.
- From the second menu, go into your Pokemon lineup then press R, then Y twice to select the entire box. Press A to pick your Pokemon and then move them to your empty box to duplicate them. Press B to return to the first menu and then select Check Summary to complete the duplication process.
PanFro Games shared a very useful video that will help you activate the new duplication glitch. You can check it out below.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!