Finding glitches in modern games isn’t particularly complicated, so it is surprising that Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl comes with a few that get in the player’s way.
Some others, however, can be abused to do things that are normally possible. This is the case of a duplication glitch that can be used to duplicate not only Pokemon but all the items attached.
Here’s how the glitch works and how you can take advantage of it.
How to Clone Pokemon in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
The Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl duplication glitch has been discovered by @kevinfor5, who also provided all the details on how to replicate it.
- Put two Pokemon that are in the same position in different boxes.
- Take one of these Pokemon and place them in the Battle Box.
- Head to Solaceon Daycare and pick the Pokemon from the other box.
- Select Box List in the bottom left part of the screen before closing the menu.
- Press the Y button and exchange the slots they are in, then deposit the Pokemon.
- Open the boxes again and select Battle Box.
- Pick a Pokemon and insert it into the Battle Box.
- Pick the Pokemon you want to clone and add it to the list.
- View the summary screen of the Pokemon you added to the list.
- Exit, and the Pokemon will be cloned, complete with attached items
In case the above explanation sounds confusing, you can check out the video put together by @orcastraw that shows how the duplication glitch works.
The Pokémon Company and developer ILCA haven’t talked about this glitch yet, but it’s very likely it will be patched soon. For the time being, however, it does work with every Pokemon in the game, so it is up to you if you want to break the game or not with it.