Making a custom achievement in Minecraft is quite difficult. That is why, to create our own tree of achievements, you have to use a special service that will help you with this. In this guide, we will tell you how to create a custom achievement in Minecraft.
What are Achievements in Minecraft?
First, you need to understand what an achievement is and how they work. In Minecraft, there are several branches of achievements related to a particular area, for example, agriculture, nether, etc. Each branch has the very first, parent achievement and many child achievements that can be obtained by performing one or another action (by activating the so-called trigger). At the same time, you can get achievements sequentially, without going to individual achievements.
Related: How to Fix ‘Invalid Session’ Error in Minecraft
Step-By-Step Instructions for Creating Achievements in Minecraft
To simplify the creation of achievements, you need to use a special service.
1. Go to the site, open the Edit tab and fill in the following fields:
- Namespace – enter the name of the folder where achievements will be stored;
- Background image – background for achievement (it is better to leave the standard one).
2. Open the Display tab and fill in the fields.
3. Open the Criteria tab. It contains the so-called triggers or events that must occur in order for you to receive this or that achievement.
4. In the Requirements tab, you will need to select the trigger you created earlier. To do this, click + select your trigger in the drop-down list and press the green + button next to the drop-down list.
5. In the Rewards tab, you will be able to select a reward for receiving an achievement and its amount. Everything is intuitive here.
6. Next, you need to download the files with the achievements you created by clicking on the big button.
7. Unzip the downloaded archive and drop it into the folder with your world. At the same time, when you enter the world, you will not see a new tab with achievements, this is fine. In order for it to appear, you need to get the very first achievement, namely, put emerald in your inventory.
As soon as you activate the trigger, your achievement will immediately appear. And this is how you can create a custom achievement in Minecraft. Was this guide helpful? Write in the comments below.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!