Introduced in Generation VIII through Pokemon Sword and Shield, Galarian Moltres is Galar’s regional variant of Moltres, the Fire/Flying type Legendary. Galarian Moltres possesses the Dark/Flying typing with a revamped look, the reds and blacks giving it an evil, menacing aura.
Along with Galarian Zapdos and Galarian Articuno, Galarian Moltres forms one part of the Legendary Galarian Bird Trio. If you want to know how to get your hands on a Galarian Moltres for yourself, then continue reading this guide.
How to Catch Galarian Moltres in Pokemon Sword and Shield
Galarian Moltres only appears in The Crown Tundra DLC, which comes along with the Expansion Pass DLC for Pokemon Sword and Shield.
The prerequisite to catching Galarian Moltres is starting the Legendary Birds storyline. To do this, simply:
- Head to the south of The Crown Tundra to Ballimere Lake.
- Head towards the east side to reach Dyna Tree Hill, where you will watch the cutscene of the Galarian Bird Trio fighting.
- You will now have access to visit the Birds’ respective locations to fight and capture them after the cutscene.
Now you can make your way to where Galarian Moltres resides. To do this, you need to:
- Fly to Challenge Beach on The Isle of Armor to watch as Galarian Moltres flies away towards the east.
- Surf across the water towards the east, in the same direction as Galarian Moltres.
- Turn left to enter Loop Lagoon.
- Go up onto the middle island and wait for Galarian Moltress to make its arrival.
- Encounter Galarian Moltres.
Make sure you have a bunch of Ultra Balls and Pokemon that can induce Sleep or Paralysis, or just a good ol’ Master Ball, because you’ll need all the help you can get to capture this beast!