Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is a role-playing video game developed and published by Jam City under license from Portkey Games. The game is set in the Wizarding World and based on the Harry Potter novels written by J.K. Rowling.
The game was released for Android and iOS on April 25, 2018. Players praised its free-roam settings throughout Hogwarts with an underlying original plot looming in the background. There are a lot of entertaining features added in between the main story to make the game more engaging for players.
One feature introduced in the books and movies was that of being an Animagus. In Hogwarts Mystery, players have a chance to become an Animagus themselves, following the questline that makes it happen.
Animagi (plural form) are wizards or witches that can perfectly transfigure themselves into an animal form of their choosing. Being an Animagus has its own advantages, such as having a high sense of smell (canines) or flying (avians). To become one in Hogwarts Mystery, players will have to follow a certain questline that will get them there.
The Animagus Questline aptly named “Become an Animagus!” can be split into 4 major parts. Each part has its own subplots till the player reaches the end. As with any event quest, there is a timer to finish these. The entire questline must be completed within 3 days.
- Quest 1: Learn About Talbott – 1 hour
- Quest 2: Find a Chrysalis – 3 hours
- Quest 3: Find Some Dew – 3 hours
- Quest 4: Find a Mandrake Leaf – 3 hours
Quest Reward: 350 Gold
- Quest 1: Study Animagus Potion – 3 hours
- Quest 2: Hide the Potion – 3 hours
Quest Reward: 5 Gems, 1 Witches and Wizards Card
- Quest 1: Learn the Animagus Spell – 8 hours
- Quest 2: Talk about Animagi – 3 hours
- Quest 3: Learn Talbott’s Secret (Friendship: Gobstones)* – 3 Diamonds
Quest Reward: 5 Gems
- Quest 1: Brew Animagus Potion (Potions Class) – 3 hours
- Quest 2: Plan with Penny – 8 hours
Quest Reward: Animagus Form
*In Part 3, Quest 3, these are all of the answers to the Gobstones game:
- Q1: Do you enjoy Gobstones?
A: I prefer solitary games.
- Q2: Which Quidditch position is best?
- Q3: Where can one be alone?
A: The Owlery.
- Q4: Is it weird to talk to yourself?
A: It’s the best way to think.
- Q5: What’s the best number?
- Q6: What should the Ministry know?
Finishing this questline will let the player acquire an Animagus form of their choosing, either a bird, cat, or a dog, as well as an achievement for the completion of the questline.
Is this everything you needed to know? Let us know!