Nintendo’s Splatoon series has always focused on quick, casual fun, but for those who want to really show their skills off, Ranked Battles are the way to go. Ranked Battles featured special objectives, and it is no longer a competition to see which team can ink the most turf. The Ranked Battles return in Splatoon 3, though this time around, they’re known as Anarchy Battles. Today, we’re here to answer the question: How does Anarchy Open work in Splatoon 3?
Anarchy Battles (Open) Explained
When going online in Splatoon 3, players can choose between regular Turf Wars and Anarchy Battles. Turf Wars are considered to be the normal mode of the game, while Anarchy Battles are the ranked mode, for more serious players.
Upon selecting Anarchy Battle, players must choose between Open or Series battles. Today, we’ll be focusing on the Open battles, which can be played either solo or with friends. Please note that Anarchy Battle is locked initially, and to unlock it you must fulfill one of the following conditions:
- Reach level 10.
- Have Splatoon 2 save data on your Nintendo Switch.
Once Anarchy Battle (Open) is unlocked, you’ll start out with some free rank points. You must pay rank points in order to play Anarchy Battle. You’ll be rewarded with more rank points if you win a match, but you won’t lose any if the battle ends in defeat. However, you are NOT refunded your entry fee.
In Anarchy Battles, you and your team must work together to complete the current mode objective. There are four possible modes in Anarchy Battle (Open), and they are:
- Splat Zones: A “king of the hill” type of mode. Teams must battle for control of specific regions on the map. When all Splat Zones are under your team’s control, you gain points, and once your team reaches a certain amount of points, you win!
- Tower Control: A floating tower appears in the center of the map. Take control of the tower by standing on it, which will make it slowly move towards the enemy’s side. The team that gets the tower to the opposing side wins!
- Rainmaker: Both teams will have a special pedestal near their spawn point. A special weapon known as the Rainmaker will appear near the center of the map, and your team must grab it and fight their way towards the opposing team’s pedestal. Reach the pedestal with the Rainmaker equipped to win!
- Clam Blitz: A bunch of clams are scattered throughout the stage. Collect eight of them to form a Power Clam, then go to the opposing team’s base and toss it at their goal to break it. Your teammates can then throw more clams into the broken goal to score more points, and the team with the highest amount of points wins!
The current Anarchy Battle mode is played across two maps, and it rotates every two hours. You can see what it is at the moment by looking at the info box in the bottom right corner of the matchmaking screen.
After a match, you’ll win or lose rank points depending on the outcome of the match. Your total rank points will be used to determine your ranking, going from C-, the lowest, all the way to S+, the highest rank. Give it your best to improve your rank!
We hope that answers your questions on how does Anarchy Open work in Splatoon 3. If you have any additional questions, let us know in the comments below!