Genshin Impact is a gacha-based, action role-playing game developed by miHoYo. The game initially launched on September 28, 2020, on platforms including PS4, PC, Android and iOS. Genshin Impact will also make its way to Nintendo Switch in Fall 2020. We don’t have the exact release date but, as per some reports, the game will get a beta release on Switch before the launch.
A few days ago, miHoYo revealed an official roadmap for Genshin Impact. The developers are currently working on multiple version of the game to ensure a constant flow of new content and quality of life changes. The devs ensured, Genshin Impact players that they will try their best to bring out new version updates every six weeks.
Also, we got the estimated release date for Genshin Impact 1.1 update. The patch will release on Mobile and other platforms on November 11, 2020. This, of course, is an estimated release date by miHoYo, so, there’s a chance of it getting delayed by a day or week due to COVID-19 situation.
Genshin Impact Updates and Events Roadmap
Genshin Impact roadmap blog post talked about the estimated release date of future updates. Furthermore, we also learnt about the ongoing development and launch schedule(new update per 6 weeks) and the devs introduced a “unique cultural and calendarial features of in-game regions with dates in the real world to host unique events in Mondstadt and Liyue.” Here are the few upcoming events.
- Ludi HarHar Ludi Harpastum and the Windbloom Festival in Mondstadt
- Lantern Rite and the Moonchase Festival in Liyue
Genshin Impact Roadmap
- Version 1.1 — Estimated to arrive November 11, the Unreconciled Stars event will take place in this version.
- Version 1.2 — Estimated to arrive December 23, this version will open up the Dragonspine area and its related event.
- Version 1.3 — Estimated to arrive in February 2021, the Lantern Rite event series comes with this version
What’s New Coming With Genshin Impact 1.1
There are no official patch notes for the western version of Genshin Impact. However, we do have a blogpost from miHoYo from the CN official that talks about some of the new additions and quality of life changes coming to the game.
- New equipment lock system to avoid “auto add” (while enhancing weapons or artifacts) destroy good pieces of equipment.
- Encyclopedia– offers details on monsters, plants, animals and more.
- God Detector– a detector to find Anemoculus and Geoculus.
- other quality life changes.
Here is the translated version of the blog post.
We are hiring game guide writers!
Touch, Tap, Play is looking for experienced writers to produce guides for popular mobile and Nintendo Switch titles. If mobile gaming is your passion and you want to get paid to create guides, you’re in the right place. Check out our job ad today!