Join Jenni the genie and Trix the fox as they embark on a journey to recover the ancient palace treasure! Genies and Gems is your standard match-3 puzzle game with a spellbinding twist. Different objectives will require different skills, so prepare for anything on this magical adventure. We’ll help you along the way with our Genies and Gems cheats, tips and tricks strategy guide!
Always be on the lookout for butterflies. Butterflies are essentially free paws if you match them, so you might even be better off if you exclusively after them. There will be certain levels where the paws will be blocked off from normal matching so sometimes you may have to play this way. Either way, if you see some lying around, make sure to match them for easy progress!
2. Match the special pieces!
- Matching four in a row will create a Line Breaker. Depending on the way they were created, they will either have a horizontal or vertical line inside. When matched, line breakers will shoot out a beam that matches everything in the line.
- Matching in a T will shape will create an X-breaker. X-breakers function like the line breakers, except they detonate in a – you guessed it – X-like fashion.
- Matching in a L shape will create a special breaker. These breakers match everything surrounding them.
- Matching five in a row will create a rainbow gem. When matched with any other piece, the rainbow gem will automatically match every piece of that color on the board. Great for getting hard to reach paws.
3. Make the butterflies!
If you ever have trouble reaching certain paw pieces but there are no butterflies in sight, you may want to consider making your own! If you match in a square formation, the pieces will turn into a butterfly piece. This is helpful to remember if you’re stuck working with a couple of pieces of a small amount of room.
4. Be efficient!
As it goes, being efficient with your moves is always key in these match-3 games. Once you’ve cleared your objective, any left over moves will be transformed into special pieces on the board during Magic Time. The more you have, the more pieces you get, and thus the more points you can earn. Try to be as efficient as you can with your moves so you have a lot left over!
5. Take your time!
There’s no time limit here, so take your time! Going off of the above tip, you want to spend your moves as best as you can, so before you make a move study the board and see what would be the best possible action. Don’t rush or else you’ll just waste moves!
That’s all for Genies and Gems. If you have any other tips or tricks to share, leave a comment below!